Question before I purchase Drumagog

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

mapexvenus

Question before I purchase Drumagog

Post by mapexvenus »

I know that this may have been covered in countless demo's and I apologize in advance for not finding what I need in there. Here is my question:

If I were to place a couple of overhead mics in my studio and record a drum track, can I use drumagog to replace every single pice of the kit with a sample? Or do I need to mic every single pice of the kit and route that to an independent track? I know that the latter will work, my question is whether this will work if I use only two mics.

thanks!
Chris M
Expert

Re: Question before I purchase Drumagog

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Drumagog is designed to replace drum hits when using a single mic'd drum, but there are ways to achieve what you are suggesting. Drumagog has a trigger filter, which can highlight certain frequency bands and only trigger a sample when the threshold is reached in these areas. For example, adjusting the trigger filter so that only lower-end frequencies pass through would hone-in on the kick drum, and you could potentially recreate the kick track this way. This would be the easiest drum to replace, since its frequencies are so distinct. Snare/cymbals cover much of the same frequency ranges, so it would get more challenging to replace these from a two-mic set up. Adding a third mic to the snare would go a long way, especially when using the bleed reduction feature available in Pro and Platinum.

The best way to determine whether Drumagog will work in certain situations is to download our fully-featured 14-day demo and try it out yourself.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
forest studios

Post by forest studios »

2 Questions 1- If I purchase the Basic will I be able to update to Platinum at a later stage.
2- would I be able to use my own live samples from previous projects or do I need the plug-in host(Platinum) to do that
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Yes you can upgrade to Platinum at any time. And yes, you can add your own samples in any version of Drumagog.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs