Impulse responses

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

heygermandude

Impulse responses

Post by heygermandude »

Do you think I could use drumagog 5 to load guitar hack impulses for my guitar tracks? So far i tried it and it doenst seem to recognize the guitar input in drumagog. figured i might get lucky as opposed to try to by the vst to rtas adapter.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Impulse responses

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

I'm assuming you're asking whether you can use Druamgog's convolution reverb to load the Guitar Hack IRs and play them back on a guitar track without triggering any Drumagog samples. If so, this should be possible.

Add Drumagog to your guitar track and set the 'Blend' slider (under the 'Main' tab) all the way to the left, so that Drumagog is not triggering any audio, but rather your guitar track is simply passing through it. Then, load the desired IR file using the file browser within Drumagog's convolution reverb (located under the 'Effects' tab). The 'Mix' slider on the convolution reverb will now function as a Dry/Wet control for your Guitar Hack IR. Hope that helps!

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
heygermandude

Post by heygermandude »

ahh.. unfortunately i have the basic version otherwise that would be stellar! oh well.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Are you looking for a free or cheap convolution reverb?
If so, try SIR.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.