AVIDs new AAX plugin format.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

agrosser

AVIDs new AAX plugin format.

Post by agrosser »

Hey Gents,

As a long time user and fan of DG (been present in every session I have mixed for 5 years at least ..3-400 songs / year) I am keen to know of any plans regarding AAX plugin format. Also I would request that V4 (4.11 compatible) be ported. It is important to me to have backwards compatibility. And i am one of those happy to pay for upgrades / compatibility updates - I need you to stay alive!!. Otherwise it forces me to keep an older system available for a couple years for single recalls etc.

Sorry if I missed a post regarding this .. thnx Ainslie
Chris M
Expert

Re: AVIDs new AAX plugin format.

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Since RTAS will still be support on ProTools 10, we don't have immediate plans to port to AAX. However, we'll probably release a native-AAX version sometime next year, and most likely make it a free-update for Drumagog 5 owners. We currently don't have plans for updating Drumagog 4 any further.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
agrosser

Post by agrosser »

Chris M wrote:Hello,

Since RTAS will still be support on ProTools 10, we don't have immediate plans to port to AAX. However, we'll probably release a native-AAX version sometime next year, and most likely make it a free-update for Drumagog 5 owners. We currently don't have plans for updating Drumagog 4 any further.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
k ... that means I will lose the ability to recall mixes with DG4 once we hit PT11. i.e. I am going to be forced off v4. Its a huge shame that v5 will not load in place of v4 with settings intact. Essentially 2 different products and DG4 is EOL. That is a huge shame. Its most disappointing when coders abandon backwards compatibility, I def look for manufacturers with a great record of updating and maintaining existing compatibilities. I love DG4, and even tho I own DG5, I prefer DG4 for simplicity and speed. Looks like I'll either have to come to terms with DG5 or find a diff product. The DG4 plugin alone may be the reason I need to keep a whole legacy rig online for a couple years once I move to HDX. Quite costly for the sake of recall only. But with 1000's of mixes with DG4 I see little choice ... Just wanted you to know the consequence in my world of your abandoning DG4 once AAX is the only choice.

thnx, Ainslie
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Blame Avid, not these guys.
Avid are the ones who are abandoning all backwards compatbility here.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.