Any possible idea on the 64-bit version?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

gnogtr

Any possible idea on the 64-bit version?

Post by gnogtr »

I'm starting to use Logic in 64 bit these days since I bumped my ram up to 8 gb. About half of my 3rd party plugs are already natively 64 bit, but of course, this one isn't. I know it'll work fine in the 64 bit software, but I was just wondering when that 64 bit version will be popping up on the downloads section of my user area. Thanks!
Chris M
Expert

Re: Any possible idea on the 64-bit version?

Post by Chris M »

Hello-

Our developers have the 64-bit versions on the roadmap. We've been waiting for more across the board support from the most popular DAW makers before releasing all-new versions because we want to be able to release all of the 64-bit versions at once, and not piece meal.

In the mean time, you're right, with a non-RAM hungry plugin like Drumagog, 64-bit won't make a very big difference in performance. We'll add support for completeness' sake, but users won't see much improvement with 64-bit, simply because it's more CPU intensive than RAM.

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Chris M
Expert

Re: Any possible idea on the 64-bit version?

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We have added 64-bit updates for the Mac VST and AU version of Drumagog! We will be adding Windows 64-bit and an AAX version soon. The 5.2 update should be available in your account.

It also addresses bug fixes from 5.11, so if you're running it in 32-bit mode (on ProTools < 11, for example) there are worthwhile fixes.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs