sample length

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

godawful

sample length

Post by godawful »

tried the search and couldn't find anything, so here it is:

i have started to create my own sample libraries. however, no matter how well i fade the damn things, i get tons of clicks in my audio. is there a certain length they should be to prevent that from happening? most of my samples are between one and two seconds to get more of the decay of the drum.

help
Jack
Expert

Re: sample length

Post by Jack »

The sample length should really just depend on the sample itself. The clicking is likely something from how the sample is being recorded or created. You can send us a short example of the audio, so we can have our tech development team check it out back in the office this week. Email us at support@drumagog.com.

Can you tell us what program and what steps you are going through to make each sample?
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
godawful

Post by godawful »

sorry for the delayed response. i am using cubase 4 currently. depending on what i'm going for and drum, i'm using between 1 and 4 mics. there are definitely no audible clicks in the audio samples. (just for complete disclosure, i'm running either from chandler germanium and/or sytek pres into bla modded motu 24io with microclock 2). i export the individual hits to be used as samples, typically between 1.25 and 2 seconds in length. the gog files that have caused me the most problems are the ones with 30+ samples. and i have only really noticed this with kick and floor tom uses thus far.

once i noticed the clicks, i went back to the original samples and faded the tails, to be sure that wasn't causing it. i have the same results. i can probably export an example tonight sometime.

i made another kick gog file the other day with only like ten samples and heard no audible clicking.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

What samplerate/bit depth are you using for the originals? If you have a short .gog file that clicks can you attach/email it to us so we can take a look at what might be doing it?
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com