Drumagog MIDI Use

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

MRHOTMARK

Drumagog MIDI Use

Post by MRHOTMARK »

Hello to all!
I'm looking at getting drumagog if it has the features I want.

1. It appears that you can trigger drumagog samples from the MIDI input on the computer (hooked up to an electronic pad set). Is this correct? (yes a track in software selecting MIDI in and route
the MIDI track to drumagog.)

2. It appears that the samples can have up to 16 positional groups where each positional group can have a set of random samples. That would be great if I sampled my hihat at 16 different close/open settings, but is it possible to control the position knob on the main screen using either a midi note or some MIDI control? That would allow me to use a hihat pedal as a position control (hihat pedal connects to a microcontroller with MIDI out).

Can this all be done?

Thanx,
Mark
Jack
Expert

Re: Drumagog MIDI Use

Post by Jack »

Hello,

Yes, Drumagog can be used like a virtual instrument by using the MIDI-in option, just enable MIDI-in in the Settings/Advanced page. Choose your MIDI note and channel, and then just select the particular sound you want and it will respond to incoming MIDI.

Drumagog's position/articulation control isn't MIDI controllable, so you wouldn't be able to switch articulations on the fly. Other more drum-synth-centric instruments (like BFD, EZ Drummer, etc.) usually offer this, while Drumagog is first and foremost more of an effect plugin.
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com