Multisamples?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

BlackCircle

Multisamples?

Post by BlackCircle »

I recently bought Drumagog 5 Pro and I might be asking a few newbie questions over the next few weeks. I apologize ahead of time.

It seems like only a small percentage of the samples allow you to utilize the OH, St. Room, and Direct faders. Is that normal or am I missing something? I was assuming all the Drumagog 5 samples would have these features.

Thanks!
Corey W
Expert

Re: Multisamples?

Post by Corey W »

Hi,
The three extra faders you are seeing in the Drumagog 5 window (when inactive, read "Room 1, Room 2, Room 3") are only made active when the multi-samples are created to utilize them. There are only a small number of samples included in the Drumagog 5 sample library that currently utilize this feature. You can however create your own multi-samples. Refer to page 28 of the Drumagog 5 User Guide here: http://drumagog.com/cms-assets/Drumagog ... 0Guide.pdf

Best,
Corey
BlackCircle

Post by BlackCircle »

All right, thanks. The prospect of being able to create you own multisamples is pretty cool.

I notice with some sets of samples that there are for example “raw” ones and “ambient” ones. Are these the ‘do-it-yourself’ versions of having multisamples?

For example, in the RD3Snares folder there’s a set of ‘Chad Smith’ samples. Is the idea that ‘RawChadSmith‘ or ‘DeepChadSmith‘ are the ‘direct‘ ones, while ‘RoomChadSmith‘ corresponds to the ‘OH‘ fader of a multisample, and ‘AmbChadSmith‘ is the ‘St. Room‘ one?

In other words, are these different mic positions of the same drum?

(Another example could be the Rock Bass Drums folder. It’s got GrockKick, LimRockKick, PRockKick, and RoomRockKick.)

If so, are these meant to be stacked (i.e. have Drumagog run multiple times, once on the original with the ‘Raw‘ sample, then on a copy with the ‘Room‘ sample, for example)?
BlackCircle

Post by BlackCircle »

Think I answered part of my own question.

Upon trying this out for myself, I’m guessing these are probably not meant to be stacked in the fashion I mentioned above. If multiple instances of Drumagog are run on multiple copies of the same drum track, they sometimes trigger at slightly different times and the result is unusable.