Clarification please of Auria storage on iPad Mini

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

OldBoy

Clarification please of Auria storage on iPad Mini

Post by OldBoy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:02 am

I have been making some recordings in Auria resulting in each file being large at approx 2.8gb. These I guess are then automatically saved to the normal destination in the iPad, because when connecting to a computer, this is accessible by me in iTunes as <iPad> Settings > Application > File Sharing > Auria.

From here I am able to copy or move files from the iPad to PC etc.

The problem is that because I have set the iPad to auto backup, I believe it is constantly trying to be backing up these large files to the iCloud which on occasions has caused issues by taking up the family's internet bandwidth and overrunning my 20Gb storage allowance :-(

I thought I might be able to selectively turn backing up off on each app, but I cannot see how to do that on Auria.
Alternatively I wondered if there was some sort of app on the iPad Mini, just be able to move each new large wav files into an area on the iPad that does not get backed up. (I don't want to jailbreak)

I realise I could just totally turn automatic Backup off, and do itall manually =- but first I thought I'd ask the question !

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

martygras
Expert

Re: Clarification please of Auria storage on iPad Mini

Post by martygras » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:15 am

I believe you can manage what is backed up under:
Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > (select the device from the list that you wish to chg management settings on) > Show All Apps.

I don't have my iPad with me, but this is how it is on the iPhone.

We are also having to deal with the iOS 8.3 filemanagement chg. We no longer have access to the folders from iFunbox or any other 3rd party file manager since iOS 8.3. Hopefully this will be fixed or changed in the near future.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)