Tips for export AAF from Logic X - to Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Roman Che

Tips for export AAF from Logic X - to Auria

Post by Roman Che » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 am

Hi all. It's my 1st post here.

I'm happy Auria owner now, but have the some troubles with it.

Really hard to export AAF from Logic X. I get a lot of error messages:
фото.PNG
The Error message
фото.PNG (166.01 KiB) Viewed 4290 times
I can't understand how to export AAF properly.

What i have?
The project with 2 synth tracks, and 4 tracks audio. And 1 track with Vocal audio - 10 takes.
What my steps:
1. i convert synth tracks to Audio (bounce to new tracks)
2. i split 1 vocal track with 10 takes - to 10 audio tracks (Auria can't work with takes)
3. Now i delete synth tracks and keep only Audio tracks in project.
4. Next i export AAF to some folder - and then Drag-and-Drop that folder to iTunes Auria folder.

And in all cases i get Error what you can see in attached screenshot.
When i do import AAF back to the Logic X - all works ok. But Auria can't do that.
In most cases it says about "missing file" and only empty tracks imported.

I need Auria for editing takes (Audio traks) when i'm out of my home studio. But 2 weeks i can't import AAF from Logic X. No projects can be imported in.

Audio formats that i have used for AAF content:
WAV 24 bit
AIF 24 bit
(No way)

Audio files lenght (from 6-7 seconds to 4-5 minutes)
The AAF size - 700 mb (max size tested by me. Of course, i mean summary archive contents. AAF file + audio files)

Give me Step-by-step guide for proper import AAF ? (And how can i adjust Project for that)

Thanks for possible help.Really need iPad tool for editing projects on road.

(Edit. Some details added)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Tips for export AAF from Logic X - to Auria

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:47 am

In cases like this, I suggest trying some much simpler tests. Create a new project in Logic, and add one piece of audio, then try exporting that to Auria. Then try with one more midi track that you render, etc. this way, you can isolate which type of file is causing the problem.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:48 am

@Rim: It might have been helpful if the error message quoted above had named the offending file. One for the wishlist, maybe? 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 am

Agreed, but in most cases when you see that message, Auria can't find any of the files (for example if the user didn't put them in the same folder as the aaf file), so it would be a rather long message :)

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:31 am

Logic, by default puts the aaf edit list file outside of the audio files folder when exporting the session, correct ?(this has been my experience).

When I have run into this error,moving the edit list file inside the same folder as the audio, then moving to Auria still gives the same error as the above poster. Without a way to re link to the audio inside Auria I haven't found a way to make this situation work, other than to use a DAW that puts all audio/edit list within the same enclosing folder at the time of export.

Regards,
Phil

Roman Che

Post by Roman Che » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Rim wrote:Agreed, but in most cases when you see that message, Auria can't find any of the files (for example if the user didn't put them in the same folder as the aaf file), so it would be a rather long message :)

Rim
Navpack wrote:Logic, by default puts the aaf edit list file outside of the audio files folder when exporting the session, correct ?(this has been my experience).

When I have run into this error,moving the edit list file inside the same folder as the audio, then moving to Auria still gives the same error as the above poster. Without a way to re link to the audio inside Auria I haven't found a way to make this situation work, other than to use a DAW that puts all audio/edit list within the same enclosing folder at the time of export.

Regards,
Phil
Thanks for help, guys !
It works ! (but only one project is tested)
The AAF file can be moved to audio files folder - right inside Auria file-manager.