Recordings Hidden, not Lost?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Katsu999

Recordings Hidden, not Lost?

Post by Katsu999 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:30 pm

I use my iPad to mix my Acoustic band through Live while playing gigs, it's ideal because I just send a L+R out to the PA, and I can take a Multitrack of our show to mix later.

A while a go, at the end of a gig I hit stop, and carried on packing up the rest of my gear.
When I came back it had finished 'saving' and looked normal.
However later at home, the Files weren't there, the Project was empty, and I presumed I'd 'lost' the recording.

BTW I use one Project to Mix and Record, then use iTunes to save the Files off to my Desktop, then Delete them in Auria, leaving the empty Project ready for the next gig using the same Mix.

Curious why Auria used so much space, I find using iTunes' App File Save that the files are still there, but don't show up in Auria, the Project claims it is empty.
The problem is, I can't delete files I can't see from within Auria, and if I delete the whole Project, I lose my carefully trimmed Mix!
I have tried copying the Project but that simply copies the 'Hidden' Files too, and they are still Hidden.

Is there a way to either save just the Mix (without any Audio!) to a new Project, or to make the Files show up in Auria?

At the moment I have copied them to my Desktop because I could see from within iTunes' App Save Files that Auria was using several GB's of data. The Files work perfectly, they just seem to be invisible to Auria so I can't delete them.

Oh, and Thanks for a great App!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recordings Hidden, not Lost?

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Is it possible that your interface came unplugged during recording? This would cause Auria to stop recording.

Auria saves snapshots every 10 minutes automatically. You might want to look at those as well, to see if there's one with the audio on it.

Auria has an auto cleanup feature. If you turn this on in the settings, Auria will delete unused files the next time you load the project. It won't clean everything though - often you have some regions that are underneath other regions. These take up space, even though they are buried. This can happen if you make several takes of a recording, and forget to delete them or undo after each one.

Rim