Mute and Solo buttons

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dino777

Mute and Solo buttons

Post by Dino777 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'm new to Auria. I can't seem to get the Mute and Solo buttons to function. I'm thinking it may be the way I have the Audio / Channel strip settings in the Track view set. Any ideas?

mtingle
Expert

Re: Mute and Solo buttons

Post by mtingle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:16 pm

screen shot please.

Dino777

Post by Dino777 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:44 pm

The Faders are not functioning either, I can pull them all down including the master output and still hear all tracks. I have something setup wrong somewhere.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:29 pm

This is due to how you have your outputs routed in the Output Matrix. Lets assume that you have just a two channel audio output device. So when you look at your outputs on the channel strip it is likely that you have chosen the outputs 1/2 which is sending your audio out the hardware device. ( you can view your channel output selection on the OutPut drop menu on each channel strip, there will be a checkmark on the selected output. You must uncheck it by tapping on the selected output to uncheck it or it wont be unselected. ). When this is done AuriaPro sends the audio of that channel directly out to the hardware device Pre the Pan and Fader and Mute. Solo is a different story that I will explain another time. But what is happening is this direct out bypasses those channel strip functions. So the audio is outputted right after the last FX slot of that channel. This becomes evident when using a multi output device like I do, 32 channels in and out of my Orion 32. Now to fix this easily is to simply make sure that your not sending the track to a hardware output but rather the Main L/R output and to make sure you select the main output in the Output Matrix to be outputting on 1/2 if you have only a two channel output device. If your using more than a two channel output device and want to analog sum than I can go more into the details of that setup. good luck.
I have a video tutorial on the bussing system hardware outputting system and how they affect each other . Look for the link here soon.

Dino777

Post by Dino777 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks Anthony!

That makes sense. I'm not using my interface at the moment and monitoring through the device itself. When I get back home I will plugin the interface and look again at the Solo and Mute issue.

Looking forward to seeing the video!