Great session w/ Auria Pro and a few ?’s

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dj8

Great session w/ Auria Pro and a few ?’s

Post by dj8 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Absolutely great session with Auria Pro today on my Ipad mini 2. Imported a guitar part I created with GuitarCapo+ (audio and midi), organ part from Galileo (audio), and drums from DrumPerfect (audio). Used organ and drum as guide tracks to fix timing on guitar part. Transients and audio warping worked flawlessly and sounded awesome. Definitely getting my money’s worth! :D :D :D

Not sure how many people post to this forum, but I wanted to post some of the things that I’ve thought about/run across while using Auria Pro, instead of mailing them to support, in case others want to weigh in on.

- Transient markers: Is there a way to multi select transient markers? If there isn’t, would be great if the multi-select button could be used for this within a region.

- Is there a way to move the bottom anchor point on a fade in? Seems like it’s always anchored to the 0 point at beginning of a region, with no way to move the anchor point left or right? Possible to add this option, or please suggest a good alternative for this. Can a cross-fade be done within a region, or can this only be done by first cutting the region into 2 and then cross-fading?

- The menus do feel a little fiddly. I’m sorry to say this about such a powerhouse. Would be great if these can be reworked at some point to be more IOS friendly. Doesn’t help that I have gigantic hands. Would be great to have some context-related menus pop-up (maybe an option in settings). But maybe that’s all too hard to implement?

- Not a big deal, but I’d like to see a close button. Just uptight about being able to fully close out a project when closing app and/or switching to another app. Already have Snapshots and Save Copy of Project. Why not add Save and Close?

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Great session w/ Auria Pro and a few ?’s

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:50 pm

IOS apps are always "saved." That in theory is the way Apple requires them to be made. Sometimes some apps have functions like that, not sure why. But it's a pointless menu choice in most, and in Auria for sure.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm

rickwaugh wrote:IOS apps are always "saved." That in theory is the way Apple requires them to be made. Sometimes some apps have functions like that, not sure why. But it's a pointless menu choice in most, and in Auria for sure.
...except when you want to delete the current project and have to open another project first :wink: Even GarageBand for iOS (an Apple product) allows you to effectively close the current project without opening another.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 am

I like the idea of being able to move a region's fade anchor point. Not only would it be useful to move them left and right but also vertically as well so a fade doesn't alway have to start at 0db. super useful.

dj8

Post by dj8 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Rim/Auria developers: any chance of adding these features? :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 am

Possibly. Definitely a good feature to have, I agree.

Rim