Fabfilter micro "help"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mugaz84
Expert

Fabfilter micro "help"

Post by mugaz84 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Hey guys, playing around with this plug to mess with My synth and or to use on My kick/bassline to make drops.
But what i havent figure out yet is how to turn of the effect after the drop. Or how to basicly make everything back to normal when i want i to "with the automation

Thx

mugaz84
Expert

Re: Fabfilter micro "help"

Post by mugaz84 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:06 am

I havent figure it out yet, really 100views and no help? Did i explain My problem bad?

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:43 am

Interesting, looks like the automation doesn't work for the "bypass" function, which would be handy. What you could do is turn the automation on, and drag the filter slider to a point of "normality" when you want it off. That seems to work fine.

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:55 am

Problem is when i have moved more then one knob :/ Also then its a guessing game when i think the sound is about the same and then the timing, its just alot of work going around this, thank for a Quick answer tho :)

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:49 am

Does the in/out button on the channel strip menu work with automation?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:12 pm

I suspect this is just one of many issues raised over the last 18 months that, despite being added to @Rim's 'List', have evaded his attention due to focusing on other things, in particular on developing Auria Pro :wink:

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Probably, really looking forewards to auria PRO, just hoping it Will be released before fl studio mobil 3.0, where they do the samething, update ui and Alot of other stuff, Also think they Will include vst support. Its currently in alpha, but with a bigger team i think they catching up :/

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 pm

@Mugaz84. What you might want to do here is use the Fabfilter Micro inserted into the Aux1 Master and automate the Aux1 Master in the editor lanes. Turn the track Aux 1 up about 3/4 of the way to 3 oclock. Get to the Main editor lanes by selecting Show Sub and Master tracks under Edit. Zoom out until you see just the Master Lane. Here you can set the Aux1 return mute and also control of the Aux1 and 2 master dial that you see on the Master channel strip. When this is muted or lowered the effect cannot hear the track any longer and there will be no effect on the track from the micro regardless of what the micro is doing. Of course you can automate this much more quickly by lowering the master aux1 manually with your finger on the dial and do it in real time. You can also use the tracks own Aux 1 dial to automate as turning the tracks Aux 1 lowers the signal to the effect that is inserted into the master Aux 1. The real trick here is to not inset the micro into the actual track that you want to control the plugin but have that track send its source audio to the Master Aux1. This way the audio of the track continues to play unaware that the effect has been turned down. How much of the channels Aux 1 is raised will depend on how much of the effect you want blended with the original sound. Work these two dials until your satisfied that is the balance your looking for and use that as the base level for that effect in this case the micro. The track editor way will get you to beat precision by selecting the snap value in the editor to beat or even finer if you need. All your control points will snap to that setting.
Cheers and hope this helped.

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 am

Thank for the help, will test it out as soon as i get home.

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:29 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:@Mugaz84. What you might want to do here is use the Fabfilter Micro inserted into the Aux1 Master and automate the Aux1 Master in the editor lanes. Turn the track Aux 1 up about 3/4 of the way to 3 oclock. Get to the Main editor lanes by selecting Show Sub and Master tracks under Edit. Zoom out until you see just the Master Lane. Here you can set the Aux1 return mute and also control of the Aux1 and 2 master dial that you see on the Master channel strip. When this is muted or lowered the effect cannot hear the track any longer and there will be no effect on the track from the micro regardless of what the micro is doing. Of course you can automate this much more quickly by lowering the master aux1 manually with your finger on the dial and do it in real time. You can also use the tracks own Aux 1 dial to automate as turning the tracks Aux 1 lowers the signal to the effect that is inserted into the master Aux 1. The real trick here is to not inset the micro into the actual track that you want to control the plugin but have that track send its source audio to the Master Aux1. This way the audio of the track continues to play unaware that the effect has been turned down. How much of the channels Aux 1 is raised will depend on how much of the effect you want blended with the original sound. Work these two dials until your satisfied that is the balance your looking for and use that as the base level for that effect in this case the micro. The track editor way will get you to beat precision by selecting the snap value in the editor to beat or even finer if you need. All your control points will snap to that setting.
Cheers and hope this helped.

I have tryed to do as u said but i cant manage to get the Micro to the aux, dunno what im doing wrong :(

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Just inset the Micro into the Aux of the Master strip. Do you know where this is on the mixingboard? Then raise the Aux of the track itself and micro will now be heard out of the master. Like I said turn the Aux of the track up pretty high to max even. This will let you hear the effect more. Let me know if you get this far. Cheers.
Ps I can also do a quick video for you to watch if you need .

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:56 am

Anthony Alves wrote:Just inset the Micro into the Aux of the Master strip. Do you know where this is on the mixingboard? Then raise the Aux of the track itself and micro will now be heard out of the master. Like I said turn the Aux of the track up pretty high to max even. This will let you hear the effect more. Let me know if you get this far. Cheers.
Ps I can also do a quick video for you to watch if you need .
Thx Anthony, will take a look at it, It might be a good ide to acculy make some tips and trix videos that goes under the Electronic/house genre, Since thats a BIG Selling Point today. Show the World auria can manage more then soft rock :P
Simple stuff like, how to make a trance bassline, how to mix house kick and bass stuff, within auria. all those FL studio tuturial videos goes like butter. would ofc need Aurio pro to be out, for the 'midi'' and the Twin 2.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 am

Yes you will be needing Auria Pro for your Trance/House style. In the end though you will still need to mix your Trance in Auria as it is now using the plugins and automation. Unfortunately I cannot do any tips and trucks videos on that yet as Auria sits but that's about to change. I have released some House myself but I only mixed it in Auria. I'll hang in there with you until Auria Pro is released and then we can go nuts with it. I love and record all kinds of music but ya you guessed it Acoustic Folk is my favourite as I love hearing back the cool tones of my acoustic guitar and voice. I love the fact that I can produce music with nothing but my voice and a guitar. Getting the most out of that simplicity is my biggest challenge when I turn my studio on and begin recording..
Cheers bro.