AuriaLink

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Fitz
Expert

AuriaLink

Post by Fitz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:59 pm

I can't get AuriaLink to connect. It gets stuck on Looking for peers. I see the name of the other iPad briefly before it hangs on the 'Looking...' Tried iPad 4, Air 1 and 2, all on latest iOS and Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AuriaLink

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:04 pm

That's unfortunately pretty typical. AuriaLink and WIST use the iPad's bluetooth GameKit functionality, and it's very buggy. Sometimes it sees the other iPad, other times it doesn't. Hopefully Apple will improve this at some point, but until they do, I suggest powering off the iPads and trying again.

Rim

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:01 am

Thanks for the reply Rim.
Unfortunately I can never get it to work, no matter what I try.
I did get the connection using Apollo Midi. Not sure why it can access the Bluetooth while AuriaLink and wist can't though.
Would having to use a third party app add any latency? I'll give it a try. Just worth mentioning to others that have no success that there is another solution.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:14 am

It usually works after a try or two here. Just to make sure: you need to press Connect on both iPads, not just one.

Rim

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:09 am

Yes, I''ve tried many times without luck. Restarted iPad, always press connect on both. It says the name of the other iPad very briefly, then disappears.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:09 am

Hmm. Not really sure why it wouldn't work for you. Auria has no control over the bluetooth connection - it simply asks the operating system to display that box. The iOS takes care of the rest at that point. Maybe some other app is trying to use the bluetooth connection at the same time? Airplane mode on?

Rim