Overdub problems/Navigation Issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Overdub problems/Navigation Issues

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:38 am

I ran into some problems where I overdubbed some sections. Later on in the process, the files in the background got brought to the foreground. I realized that I had to press and hold on the correct layer, to get it back to the top. This could be really confusing, very quickly. I would think that when I overdubbed on top of something, the overdub should stay on top. I believe that I can join regions afterwards, to keep this from happening - is this the correct way to avoid this?

Also, when creating the locators before mixdown, to show the start and end of my mixdown, is there some simple way to mark a spot at the beginning of the project, then go quickly to the end to mark the end? Rather then flipping through the entire piece?

While flipping through the piece, using my finger to flip it along, I managed to mark spots on the tracks for cutting. At one point, I actually managed to cut a piece out. Is there any easier to navigate back and forth over a track?

mtingle
Expert

Re: Overdub problems/Navigation Issues

Post by mtingle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:58 am

I found the zoom slider in the top right of the edit screen useful for navigating to the beginning or end of a project quickly.

You could also set a marker at the place you wish to go to then use the 'go to marker' function. There really should be jump to locator in/out points.