Morevox IR

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

EssexGooner
Expert

Morevox IR

Post by EssexGooner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:32 am

I have bought the Hydrid IR but cannot see any files in the Convolution Reverb. I have tried reinstalling and turning everything off but there is not sign of a folder called Hybrid which I understand from other threads here it should be above AbbeyPlate?

Any ideas?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Morevox IR

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:55 am

Here is what the list looks like after all the IR's are installed.
Attachments
image.jpg
All IR's Loaded Look Like this. Cheers ~~_/)~~~*

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:05 am

What I find strange is after purchasing all the IR library and installing it I lost all the IR's that came with the Convolution Reverb as stock IR's. I no longer have AbbyPlate or some of the ones I really liked before I purchased the entire library. Is ther a way for me to have those back? As well when I first load the Convolution Reverb plugin there are no IR's showing on the iR screen just black with no Default preset untill I touch the drop down menu to see the IR's that I purchased but no factory IR's are visible. Auria will also crash if I try to load a saved Conv Rev preset that used one of those original IR's as it's looking for it but it doesn't exsist. Here is a pic of what I see when I first load up the Convolution Reberb. Any hope here?
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:13 am

The folder will be called "HYBRID1" or "HYBRID2" (depending on what pack you purchased). It will be in bright blue text and, as you say, positioned above "Abbey Plate" in the list.

Unlike many of the FX, which are already part of the Auria install and are merely 'unlocked' when purchased, the IRs, etc. are downloaded at the time of purchase. Once downloaded, they are automatically 'unzipped'. All this can take several minutes, so be patient.

If you ever need to reinstall Auria, it's usually necessary to do a 'Restore Purchases' afterwards, from within the Auria Store, and this will re-download IRs, etc. Again, be patient!

Sometimes, a user quits Auria before downloads have been fully unzipped/installed. Note that whenever Auria is launched, it will unzip any zips it finds.

Hope this general advice helps :)

EDIT: Composed before Anthony's post.

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:17 am

Ive tried it 3 times now and wait for the install complete message each time but there is no sign of them.

It was actually the MSP IR I bought rather than the Hybrid but I assume it is the same.?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 am

Are you at the root directory? There are 2 little dots at the very top of the IR's list to return to the root folder were you can see all the IR Folders. Touch those 2 dots to see if you return to the root folder page. Here is a pick of the dots. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Attachments
image.jpg

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 am

There are not two dots at the top. AbbeyPlate is the first item on the list.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:52 am

EssexGooner wrote:There are not two dots at the top. AbbeyPlate is the first item on the list.
Try pulling the menu down futher to see if they are revealed. If there are no dots than indeed you do not have the IR's loaded into Auria and something went wrong somewhere. Rim may have to help here. Good luck.

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:26 am

Definitely no dots.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:14 pm

EssexGooner wrote:Ive tried it 3 times now and wait for the install complete message each time but there is no sign of them.

It was actually the MSP IR I bought rather than the Hybrid but I assume it is the same.?
That directory will be called "MSP".

Not much help, I know, but that's what you should be looking for anyway :oops:

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:16 pm

@EssexGooner: BTW, how much free disk space do you have on your iPad?

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Its a 64gybye ipad 2 with about 12gbyte free.

I have also now tried it with. Retro part 1 and again no sign of files after downloading

I have checked the iPad files with iFunbox and there is no sign of the files on there either.

Must be doing something wrong somewhere but haven't a clue where.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:43 pm

When you purchase an IR pack, Auria downloads a zip file containing the IR files. After this zip file is fully downloaded (can take some time), you'll get a message saying the download is complete, and the zip file should automatically start to de-compress. After this Auria deletes the zip file (since it's temporary anyway). See if you have this zip file sitting in Auria's main folder. It's possible there's some issue with unzipping it on your iPad.

If you don't see the zip file, then it probably didn't download for some reason. Have you tried re-purchasing the IR library? Apple will never charge you twice for something you've already bought, so you don't need to worry about that. Just click on the price (or click on the button that says "installed" if you see that). It will attempt to purchase it, then give you a message saying you've already purchased thi item, and asks if you want to re-download it. That's what you want to do. See if that makes a difference.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Anthony,

The stock IR files are built into the app, but can only get copied into the proper folder if you reinstall. This is because Apple doesn't allow an app to install any files into the Documents folder unless the user chooses to do so (due to their storage policy).

Rim

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Rim, i have tried the process several times on each IR. The download works fine and tells me it's complete. i then get a box about decompressing files but it only appears for about 1 second and then disappears and no files to be seen anywwhere.

There is no zip file in any Auria folder.