BFD2 with Drumagog, no Audio Tracks.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

dwo90

BFD2 with Drumagog, no Audio Tracks.

Post by dwo90 »

Hey,

I use Cubase 5 and I have both BFD2 and Drumagog Platinum, however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to load the VSTi BFD2 and Drumagog and get Drumagog to replace the kit samples, for example the Kick Drum, in BFD2...

I do not have any audio tracks, I'm simply trying to replace certain pieces of BFD2 kits with Drumagog samples as I like them more.

This way I can program MIDI patterns in BFD2 but when I play them it uses some of the Drumagog samples.

I cannot figure how to do this. I have looked for guides and read the User Manual but I am not exactly sure where you insert Drumagog first as it is simply a VST Effect, no? In Cubase I cannot load it as a plugin, I can only put it on VST inserts.

After trying different things I always get "<BFD Not Loaded>" in my Drumagog.

I try loading a new instrument track without a plugin, putting Drumagog, then loading BFD2 onto that same track but to no avail.

I also tried loading Drumagog onto the Stereo Out channel, but whenever I do anything with BFD2, no matter what piece of the kit I am trying to play, be it the kick or snare, it will play the Drumagog sample.
Matt W
Expert

Re: BFD2 with Drumagog, no Audio Tracks.

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

First a couple of basic ideas: Drumagog is an insert effect, meaning it must be inserted on an audio or instrument track. In this sense it is just like an EQ or a compressor, it can only work on audio.

Next, most people use Drumagog with BFD in the opposite direction, where they have an audio recording of a drum track, and want to use BFD's sounds. To do this you insert Drumagog on the specific drum track you want, add BFD to the project, select BFD as Drumagog's output and choose your BFD sound.

In your case you want to use Drumagog to replace a BFD sound. There are a few ways to do this, with the simplest being close to how you set it up, but instead of using the stereo out you must route BFD's kit pieces individually, using its multi-outs, so that the Kick, Snare, Toms, etc, all appear on separate tracks in Cubase. Once you have that just add Drumagog to the track you want to replace and pick your sound.

Another way to do this would be with MIDI, which would include a few extra steps. For now I would concentrate on getting it to work using the above.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com