Drumagog 5.1 Platinum Freezing Pro Tools 9

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

PoppaMia

Drumagog 5.1 Platinum Freezing Pro Tools 9

Post by PoppaMia »

Hey there...

I have a late-model, 2012 Mac Pro running OS X Lion 10.7.3 that just was delivered a few days ago. Installed all software carefully (PT 9, Waves Mercury, Drumagog 5 Platinum)... all iLoks are installed.

However, when I try to open an instance of Drumagog on an Audio Track for use, I get the "spinning rainbow beach ball of death" and Pro Tools just freezes. Have tried reinstalling, still won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
Ethan
Chris M
Expert

Re: Drumagog 5.1 Platinum Freezing Pro Tools 9

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

There have been some reports of Drumagog not working properly with Lion, though we have no been able to recreate them on our end--could you email your full system specs to support@drumagog.com?

Thanks,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
ToddBoxer

Post by ToddBoxer »

I am currently evaluating drumagog and have installed the demo. I must say I love it and want to hit the purchase button but I have the same issue on 10.7.3 which hangs ProTools.

I am using ProTools 10HD on a mid 2010 Mac Pro Quad core with 12GB of Memory. The demo worked fine after install but as soon as I closed a session and re-opened ProTools hung trying to activate the channels Drumagog was using. I could do nothing but Force Quit.

I don't really want to spend the money on platinum if it hangs the machine. Any insights or resolutions you may have will definitely help. As I said, I think the product is outstanding and I can't wait to get my hands on the sample libraries asap.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

If a ProTools session is consistently hanging, try trashing ProTools prefs and see if this solves the problem.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
PoppaMia

Post by PoppaMia »

Hi, Chris...

After a long time of Drumagog working now on my system, it has decided to hang Pro Tools while trying to substantiate the plugin. I'm running PT 10.3.2 on the same system as below, and everything is updated.

The session I'm working on was working fine with Drumagog last week... however, after going away for the weekend it has decided to hang PT again. I have trashed all PT and Drumagog preferences, restarted, reinstalled Drumagog... and even opened the session by "shift-clicking" to deactivate all plugins, then have gone through one plugin at a time. Sure enough, Drumagog is the culprit.

Do you have any suggestions here to get my session up and running??

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

If you are in ProTools 10 running Mac OS 10.7+ a freeze at startup is almost always a result of a USB device. There is a conflict between Drumagog and the MIDI aspect of this device, and unplugging it at start up will most likely do the trick. Disconnect your USB devices and see if ProTools opens--then, you'll most likely be able to narrow it down to one device that causes the conflict.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

The 5.2 update for Drumagog has been released for Mac--it should fix the issue with ProTools crashing at start up. The update should be available in your account.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs