Drumagog 5 Crashing PT 10

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

scottw7325

Drumagog 5 Crashing PT 10

Post by scottw7325 »

Hi -

I recently upgraded my whole system including Mac (8 core, 2.8, harpertown), upgraded ProTools 10, and full plug in collection including AT EVO, Waves Complete, NI Complete, Sonnex, and some older legacy plugs (Avox, older NI stuff).

I purchased an upgrade to my Drumagog 4 to V5. And while I recall opening a session and installing an instance successfully, it was possibly before I completed all of my plug in updates. Now that the system is fully loaded, I cannot get Drumagog to work in a session. When I try to install and instance of either Drumagog 5 mono or mono/stereo, I get the beachball endlessly. I have to force quit.

I did grab my old copy of Drumagog 4, which I downloaded and installed and that works fine (although it is stuck in demo mode - I have not tried to reauthorize it yet, but I will).

I have not seen a lot of issues reported between PT 10 and Drumagog 5. Do you have any insight for me? I have tried trashing prefs, databases, etc.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Drumagog 5 Crashing PT 10

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We have been working to recreate this on our end, with no success yet. Could you send your full system specs to support@drumagog.com?

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

Same problem here. Hangs whole system .. need to restart computer
protools 10.1.2 Hd Accel 6 magma pr6r4 chasis. MacPro 8 core 16 gigs ram.. 650 plugins(no other plugs cause this problem)
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Drumagog should be compatible with ProTools10, we haven't had any trouble running it. Usually a consistent crashing can be solved by trashing ProTools Preferences, so see if that does the trick.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

Tried everything still not working hangs up the whole system..tried trashing pt prefs and databases also drumagog prefs also repairing permissions.. did a clean install. no luck. called digi said lots having this problem.. please find a fix..
Gary Vandy
System info :pt 10.01.3, Hd Acell 6 with magma chasis, Mac Pro 8 core with 16 gigs ram. digi and apogee converters 52 in/ out. apogee big ben hd sync to SSL 6000, over 700 plugins that work..
www.garyvandy.com
www.studiocentermiami.com
thayne

Post by thayne »

I bought Drumagog a few months ago. Reported that it had (still is) crashing my Pro Tools 10 system to WaveMachineLabs and nothing. Not even, sorry we can not get to this yet, I got nothing. I tried to get a refund and still nothing. Now looking on this board I see there are a bunch of people having the same type of problem. Is WML doing ANYTHING about this? I have tried everything that everyone else has done and Drumagog still locks up Pro Tools everytime I try to launch it. I uninstalled and reinstalled Drumagog numerous times. I sure would like to get this to work. Anyone have any other ideas?

Running a MacPro 64G Ram 512G SSD Pro Tools HDX with Pro Tools 10. :?:
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

We have identified this bug and we are planning to release a new update soon. In the meantime, here are some possible solutions:

It seems that there are a few issues that can cause a freeze in ProTools 10--one of the most common is certain MIDI controllers that are connected at start up. Disconnect any and all MIDI controllers and see if that helps (if it does, and you have more than a few, you may want to narrow down which one(s) are responsible, so that you don't have unplug all of them every time).

If that doesn't work, it's usually just a matter of trashing ProTools Prefs. In your User/Library/Preferences folder (hold Option and it will appear in the 'Go' menu, it's hidden by default in Lion) delete these four items:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist
DAE Prefs
DigiSetup.OSX
Pro Tools Prefs

Finally, if that doesn't work, you may want to reinstall your InterLok drivers, which can be downloaded from iLok.com.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
kmozart

Post by kmozart »

Another Unhappy user here. just upgraded to Drumagog 5, without looking at the forum first. Crashes My PT10, every time.

Please release the revision ASAP!!!
mixer05

Post by mixer05 »

:( Still not working in 10. I give up..
bradp

Post by bradp »

Chris , have you found a solution yet to the lion issue?
Chris M wrote:We have identified this bug and we are planning to release a new update soon. In the meantime, here are some possible solutions:

It seems that there are a few issues that can cause a freeze in ProTools 10--one of the most common is certain MIDI controllers that are connected at start up. Disconnect any and all MIDI controllers and see if that helps (if it does, and you have more than a few, you may want to narrow down which one(s) are responsible, so that you don't have unplug all of them every time).

If that doesn't work, it's usually just a matter of trashing ProTools Prefs. In your User/Library/Preferences folder (hold Option and it will appear in the 'Go' menu, it's hidden by default in Lion) delete these four items:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist
DAE Prefs
DigiSetup.OSX
Pro Tools Prefs

Finally, if that doesn't work, you may want to reinstall your InterLok drivers, which can be downloaded from iLok.com.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We have identified the issue and a fix is on its way. It seems like 99% of the time this is caused by an external MIDI device. Usually this is a USB keyboard controller or interface. Unplugging these devices when opening Pro Tools usually solves the problem, and plugging them in after the session has opened should be fine.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
bradp

Post by bradp »

Hi Chris,
This is kind of funny....
I can't unplug my digi MIDI IO midi interface because it will become disconnected and replicated in "audio/midi setup". This is an issue with the midi IO that we have been putting up with for a LONG time. No Fix other than buy a new midi interface. The only way to use a MIDI IO is to have "audio/midi setup" launch at boot and let it run in the background.
Pretty ironic, since you recommended unplugging usb controller/interface on PT launch... ;-)
Keep us posted on your progress..
(And i thought going to 10.7 would be easy, HA!)
(Hope the other guys on this thread will enjoy my little tid-bit ;-)
Chris M wrote:Hello,

We have identified the issue and a fix is on its way. It seems like 99% of the time this is caused by an external MIDI device. Usually this is a USB keyboard controller or interface. Unplugging these devices when opening Pro Tools usually solves the problem, and plugging them in after the session has opened should be fine.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
JPT

Post by JPT »

Hi,
First time on here.
I've been using DG 5 PLT for a couple of years now(ish) with ProTools 10 on a mac pro without any real issues. Then, with the release of PT11, I upgraded my OS to Mountain Lion to accomodate 64bit. Now I know DG is not yet AAX 64 bit but Protools is allowing PT 10 to run along side it. However, DG is now crashing PT when I try to open a session that is using it. Even opening a new session and trying to insert DG causes it to hang indefinitely. I've done all the prefs, reinstalls, ilok drivers, latest version and midi controller suggestions found here to no avail.

I recalled my system from a time machine back up (4 hours yawn) to Snow Leopard. Low & behold DG5 works fine!
Soooooo......any ideas?

John
bradp

Post by bradp »

Chris M wrote:Hello,

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Hi Chris,

Any news on the fix yet??
thanks
brad
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

The 5.2 update for Drumagog has been released for Mac--it should fix the issue with ProTools crashing at start up. The update should be available in your account.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs