Inconsistent latencies with drumagog 5.11 in Pro Tools HD 9

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

mfrigo

Inconsistent latencies with drumagog 5.11 in Pro Tools HD 9

Post by mfrigo »

Hello,

I'm having issues with inconsistent latencies when using Drumagog 5.11 in my Pro Tools HD 9 system. I have delay compensation turned on, and it works fine for most hits within a track, but several hits will have less than the 80 mS of delay on them. So for example, when I'm printing a kick sample to a new track from drumagog, most hits will line up properly with the original kick, and then some will end up about 15 to 18 mS ahead of the original kick.

This becomes extremely problematic when I print a few different kick samples to new tracks, and they end up flamming when one of the samples does not delay properly.

I've tried reinstalling drumagog, messing with my buffer settings in the playback engine, running only a single instance of drumagog at a time, changing the latency to 40 mS and live triggering mode, but I always end up with the inconsistent latencies.

This happens on the snare tracks as well, but seems more prevalent on the kick drum tracks, and seems to happen most with the PRock kick that I often use. It does happen with other gog files, too, but I use PRock often, and I notice there seems to be more variations in latency when I use that gog file over some of the other samples I like to use.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Inconsistent latencies with drumagog 5.11 in Pro Tools H

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Since you've already experimented with the latency settings, I would suggest turning off Auto Align and seeing if that helps at all. In certain situations, auto-align might not be accurate and turning it off could help.

Aside from that, if you want to send us an example of this issue we'd be happy to take a look at it. If you could send us a short clip of your source material from an instance in which the sample was triggered early, as well as the bounce containing the triggered sounds from Drumagog, we'll see if we can figure it out. Feel free to email them to support@drumagog.com.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
heiseric

Post by heiseric »

Hello,

I am having the same exact issue. Most hits are perfect, but occasionally hits come a few milliseconds early. I am running pro tools 10 with the maximum delay compensation on. Was this issue resolved? I have tried taking auto align off and hit seems to help, but the problem still persists.
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

If you're still having issues, feel free to contact us at support(at)drumgaog.com. We can take a look at some of the material you're having issues with and hopefully track down the specific problem.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs