Installing samples

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

ratio

Installing samples

Post by ratio »

Hello,

Just signed on. I just purchased the basic program using Pro Tools 8. I've downloaded the samples but am not clear how to install them.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

The samples can be downloaded either individually or as an installer file. Each collection (i.e. Rock Snares, Purrfect Toms, etc.) has an installer file that contains all the sample files within a collection. The entire 4GB sample library is divided into these collections for easier downloading.

After downloading, simply double click on the installer file (.exe for Windows/.bin for Mac) to start installation. The installer prompts to "Easy Install", then it asks where you'd like to install the files. The browse window prompts to a certain location on each platform (Windows: C:\ProgramFiles\Drumagog40, Mac: HD>Users>CurrentUser>Documents). The installer will automatically create a "Gog Files" folder in these locations. If the files are installed in these locations, Drumagog should automatically see the samples, and they should appear in the Main Tab.

You can choose a different location, and if you do, you'll need to point Drumagog to this location in the Advanced Tab (by selecting "change" at the bottom of this window). Point Drumagog to the "Gog Files" folder so that any folder within the "Gog Files" folder (i.e. Rock Snares) appears in the Main Tab drop-down menu, and any samples within a folder (i.e. snare1.gog) appears in the black box for use.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.