Cannot complete unlock process

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

elevenshadows

Cannot complete unlock process

Post by elevenshadows »

Rim or anyone else,

I just purchased a "new" computer (it's actually a two and a half years old) and am trying to install Drumagog on it. I went to the website and successfully downloaded and installed Drumagog. The plug-in showed the CPU ID. This is different from the previous computer, which had another CPU ID, in case it matters.

I kept putting in the Drumagog unlock code in that I received when I initially purchased it. I had used this successfully with my older computer (G4 with OS10.3.7)before in PT LE 6.4. I got a dialogue box that said to close Drumagog and PT to complete the unlock process, which I did repeatedly. However, upon opening both, the plug-in still states that it is a 14-day demo.

I had the same difficulties in the past with PT LE 6.4 when trying to upgrade, and wonder if it's related.

I have:
Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 with Digi002 on a Mac G5 2G dual processor tower (pre-Intel) running OS10.5.5

I purchased this at NAMM January 2006.

Please advise! Thanks!!!!
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Anytime Drumagog is installed on a new computer, or if there have been changes made to the hard drive, you'll need a new unlock code. These changes cause Drumagog's CPUID to change.

Simply visit the support page at http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp and fill out the Unlock Drumagog form with your new CPUID from the new computer and your registration name, email, and phone number. A new unlock code is emailed to you automatically for authorization on the new machine.

The "old" unlock code will not unlock Drumagog in the future on other computers/hard drives.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
elevenshadows

Post by elevenshadows »

Thank you for your reply! I'll try it out soon.
elevenshadows

Post by elevenshadows »

Teri, I'm going to post this in case it helps other people.

I believe, given what you said above, that because I made some changes on my old HD, the old code no longer worked. I didn't understand why I couldn't update Drumagog.

Perhaps you could write what sorts of changes to the HD would create a situation where the old CPU code no longer works. Thanks!

-Ken
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Drumagog's authorization system is tied to a number of factors, both hardware and software, from your CPU, motherboard, hard drive, to the version of your operating system. Replacing your system hard drive, re-installing your operating system, imaging your operating system to a new computer, each of these will require Drumagog to be re-authorized.

The reason this happens is when one (or more) of these factors change, Drumagog's CPU-ID changes and needs to be unlocked. Old unlock codes, by design, won't work, unless you are only re-installing Drumagog. So the simplest rule of thumb is to always check Drumagog for the CPU-ID and submit it to our website (http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp).
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
elevenshadows

Post by elevenshadows »

Thanks for the reply.

BTW, I just tried that link, and it sent me back the exact same unlock code as my old computer. And yes, I sent the correct CPU ID...triple-checked it. I'm trying the process one more time.
elevenshadows

Post by elevenshadows »

Got it.