Drumagog MIDI Output Question

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

turdadactyl

Drumagog MIDI Output Question

Post by turdadactyl »

I am considering buying Drumagog and have a question about the MIDI output functionality.

I am a drummer and record my parts live using Pro Tools. Obviously, I'll be able to use Drumagog as a channel insert to replace the recorded sound. But would I be able to use Drumagog to send MIDI output, triggered by the recorded track, to an external unit like a Roland XV-3080 and record the audio from the 3080 as the final track?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Absolutely.

Make sure you get the version of Drumagog that has MIDI In/Out capability.

By the way, Drumagog will DIRECTLY interface with BFD 1.5 (and soon BFD 2). You can bypass the MIDI routine - it's so much better!

Find the Drumagog version that you will need
turdadactyl

Post by turdadactyl »

Is the MIDI output fully functional in the demo? I downloaded it last night and gave it a try. I configured the MIDI setup in Mac's MIDI Studio so the XV3080 was listed in the outputs list on Drumagog's advanced tab. However, I didn't get a signal at the 3080. Could be a cabling problem, but I really don't think so.
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

"s the MIDI output fully functional in the demo?"

I don't know.

I use Drumagog on a PC running Cubase. The MIDI 'cabling' is very easy with that set up.

I do use the MIDI out to play BFD2 (as direct connection isn't available yet).

I have heard that you may need other software is you are using a Mac/PT, but I don't know for sure. Peruse the archives.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

turdadactyl wrote:Is the MIDI output fully functional in the demo? I downloaded it last night and gave it a try. I configured the MIDI setup in Mac's MIDI Studio so the XV3080 was listed in the outputs list on Drumagog's advanced tab. However, I didn't get a signal at the 3080. Could be a cabling problem, but I really don't think so.
The demo is a 14-day trial of Drumagog Platinum, so the MIDI In/Out functionality is there. Did you take a peek at the "MIDI Features" section of the PDF manual available at http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm ? Depending on your session environment, there are differences with MIDI configuration.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.