Just got Cubase 4 and trying reinstall Drumagog and SS

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

steek

Just got Cubase 4 and trying reinstall Drumagog and SS

Post by steek »

I recently upgraded to Cubase 4 and have been able to load in Drumagog and Steve Slate...but when I ope the song files...I get " your favorties patch" or something to that order is not being found...and also that there is an error reading....I just close that out and the song loads...When i get into the song and go to check Drumagog...it says that my demo has expired....I did all of the nesassary steps with the cpu and the unlock code and it still does not unlock.....

Now...I am questioning if because I got drumagog about 2 years ago and i recently did a reload and also installed updates before trying to open anything....is that my problem???

I can't even get any thing to stay in the drumagog files....

Thanks for any and all help

ps.....where should those files be exactly in the program files??? Right now i have them in my Steinberg file under the VST file....is this correct?? Also...Steven Slate Elite also goes where the Drumagog file goes...correct???

Thanks again!

Steek
steek

Post by steek »

one other thing.....after i get the error....it says it is "loading the mixer"...?????
I skip that by closing it out and then the song loads....

the other thing is says...

"error saving the favorites file......"

HELP
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Anytime you reinstall Drumagog (including the update), it reverts back to demo mode and needs to be reauthorized. If your old unlock code is no longer working, there was probably a change to your computer's hard drive recently (new/updated OS, reformat, etc.) that caused the CPUID to change. I suggest generating a new unlock code by visiting the support page at http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp with your registration name, email, phone, and the CPUID that Drumagog currently displays (obtain by selecting the "demo - click to unlock" message on the Main Tab). A new unlock code is automatically emailed to you.

Because of certain hard drive, the "favorites.dat" file (or "error saving the favorites file") looses connection with your current install. This file stores the settings for your Favorites List. A reinstall typically re-establishes this connection.

I am not sure if you have a Mac or a PC, so there are certain locations that the files need to be located for proper installation. The host application also plays a role here. Usually the complete/easy install works fine for the majority of users. This does not correlate to the unlock issue you are having, so if Drumagog appears you are OK.

The Steven Slate samples just go into the same location as your current library (configured in the Advanced Tab under the "Gog Folder" heading). Just create folder like "Steven Slate Snares", "Steven Slate Kicks", etc. The folders correspond to the drop-down menu and any sample within a given folder appears in the black box for use.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.