Drumagog and td-3 electronic drumset

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

dealage

Drumagog and td-3 electronic drumset

Post by dealage »

I am trying to play my electronic drum set with a roland td-3 module midi out into protools and drumagog.

I have it physically connected but i haven't gotten much further than that.

i can go into protools and set up a midi instrument in the setup tab and it even has a few rolands in there such as the td-5 so i've used that. from there i have created a midi track with input all channels and i can play my drums and i get little blips on my midi track. but no drum sounds and i have no clue how to get it to drumagog.

i would like to be able to use different instances of drumagog for each drum pad so i can play my drums and use drumagog samples. Then after i play look at all of my hits.. move them around because i'm not a drumer and i'm terrible and then continue making music from there. Is that possible and where should i go from here? any help appreciated even if it's pointing me to some places to find my answers.

thanks.
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

Did you install/download the sample library? If you purchased Drumagog online, you can download the samples by logging in under the "Free Sample Library" heading on the download page at http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm . They are not included in the installer.

From your post, it seems you are doing everything correctly. Once the samples are on your computer, and Drumagog is configured correctly in the Advanced Tab (Gog Folder location), you should get sound.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
dealage

Post by dealage »

yea the samples work fine for my audio just not my midi drum set so far. i think i have some settings wrong in either my advanced tab or in protools.