Multi-Velocity sample question

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

poeticdrums

Multi-Velocity sample question

Post by poeticdrums »

Hello everyone. I've been using Drumagog for sometime now, but I have never gotten around to making my own multi-velocity samples. I am currently setting up my gear (at this moment, actually) so I can record all my drums. I was just wondering, does Drumagog automatically know which sample to trigger according to the original track?

For example, if I have a simple drum beat with the snare on beats 2 and 4 and then I switch and play a simple 16th note fill on the snare that's a little softer, will Drumagog know to play the sample I had made that was softer than the rest?

Thanks in advance !

-poetic
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Hello,

Drumagog uses Dyanmic Samples/Groups. This is configured in the Samples Tab. In your situation, let's say your snare on 2 and 4 are at -4.0db, but your 16th note fill is at -15.0 db.

Select a snare gog, then go to the Samples Tab. By default, the "samples view" appears displaying all of the samples within a gog. When you click to "groups view", you will notice that the numbered circles represent dynamic groups, and the color of the circle corresponds to the sample group in "samples view". You could set dynamic group (1) for the 2/4 snare to -4.0db, then dynamic group (2) to -15.0.

If the Gog contains more dynamic groups, you can delete and manipulate them according to your needs.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
poeticdrums

Post by poeticdrums »

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll be putting this to work soon! Thanks again