Question about hits on the "visual triggering" scr

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

hotmeal

Question about hits on the "visual triggering" scr

Post by hotmeal »

The following screenshot shows me playing a snare drum (and nothing else). I hit it pretty slowly, 7 times in a row: l-r-l-r-l-r-l. The white dots do accurately show the hits. But what's all the other stuff at the bottom?

If I didn't know what was on this track, I'd think there were some other soft hits from a different drum or something (like maybe some kick bleed into this mic). Since I hit the drum only 7 times I was expecting to see 7 yellow lines only, with white dots at the top. I find that all the other info along the bottom (whatever it is) only clutters what I'm looking at. Especially on a real track from an actual recording... if there's a lot of fast drumming sometimes the entire screen is filled with yellow and I can't tell where the peaks are. If all that other stuff is the waveform tail, couldn't the peak be in yellow and the rest of it be in some other color to set it apart?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

That's the rest of the 'sound' - snares rattling, head ring, other drums rattling/ringing, room, etc.

If you are looking for less 'stuff' put a gate before Drumagog.

If you had the entire kit playing, you'd see even more 'stuff'.

But I think you said all that.
Last edited by zumbido on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
hotmeal

Post by hotmeal »

OK, I'll stick a gate before it. Thanks!
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

You probably don't really need to.

Anything below the horizontal line won't trigger the Gogs or send MIDI out. So it is actual a gate.