samples are distorting..

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

petrucciator

samples are distorting..

Post by petrucciator »

So i just recorded this one song and the drums sounded perfect this morning. I recorded some more guitar stuff a few minutes ago to add to the song and when i played it back, the kick and toms were distorting, kinda like that sound when you have a bad sample rate. But everything is fine as far as the rates go. I opened up several other of my songs and those are playing perfect. Its just this one track. I wouldnt mind recording it again but i wouldnt like to heh. So any ideas as to why it could be doing that?
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Save what you've tracked and do another take.

Maybe you have too many plug-ins open, or your computer needs more processing power, or there's a clocking issue.

When I track the drums - usually the last step using Drumagog and BFD - I'll restart the computer, turn off every unused plug-in and mute every unused audio track.

Also, I'll close/hide any windows that I don't need.

I don't know if all this is necessary, but I also also wear the same dirty socks I've had since the first time I pressed the record-button back in the early '20s.

8)
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

Good tips Zumbido,

Also make sure the the Synth is turned off. Drumagog has automatic sample rate conversion, so this is not causing the issue.
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.