how do i sample the kit i am recording?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

maskedman72
Expert

how do i sample the kit i am recording?

Post by maskedman72 »

ok i got a drum kit all mic'd up and ready to go. i want to get its snare and kick and use it for sampling. v4.02 dosent have the "add from track" feature and the "add from file" feature will not work. how do i do this?

ps-if i select a kick from a 2 minute song and hit "add from file" it will load up but each time that file is sampled it plays the entire 2 minute kick drum pattern of the song i got the file from. so if i add from file and put drumagog on the kick it will trigger a 2min sample for each kick hit.
am i doing something wrong here? i cant get this to work.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Currently, you need to cut up the track into separate snare hits (making sure you trim them properly) before adding them to Drumagog through "add from file". Add from track will be added to a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience. One temporary solution is to install a copy of Drumagog v3 (http://www.drumagog.com/drumagog3demo.exe), and use the add from track feature there, then copy the gog file into the new v4 gog files folder.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
maskedman72
Expert

Post by maskedman72 »

will the demo version expire? thanks rim!
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

If you purchased v4, you can also unlock a v3 Drumagog copy. Just submit the CPUID it gives you to the support page form, and you'll get an unlock code to unlock your v3 Drumagog.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
maskedman72
Expert

Post by maskedman72 »

thanks! ill give it a shot!

-jay
lemix

Post by lemix »

Rim wrote:If you purchased v4, you can also unlock a v3 Drumagog copy. Just submit the CPUID it gives you to the support page form, and you'll get an unlock code to unlock your v3 Drumagog.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
>>
That is great to know, however awkward the solution is.
Could I try this temp. work-around on all my installations ? (Mac & PC-PT HD and LE),
thanx Rim...
cheers