Trigger to midi, and stereo track trigger questions

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

georgelegeriii

Trigger to midi, and stereo track trigger questions

Post by georgelegeriii »

Hi,

I'm doing drum programming and replacement of allready recorded drums.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to create a miid output and midi track, of the trigger results, so I can use EXS kits in Logic?

2) I have a stereo track that is a blend of ride, and 2 crashes. Is there an easy way to create triggers with this kind of track.

Also, is Drumagog a universal binary yet?

Thanks,

G
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

"Is there a way to create a miid output and midi track, of the trigger results, so I can use EXS kits in Logic?"

I think it depends...

Are you using a Mac or PC?

If you are on a PC, you'd be no further than Logic 5 - and it won't work. And if you are on a Mac OS9 and Logic, 5 it won't work.

Now, if you are a Mac user with OSX, Logic 6 or 7, I think it does work.

It works with PC applications such as Cubase.

As far as the cymbals' tracks... it's a bit difficult to get Drumagog to replace cymbals. I always replace the cymbals with DrumTools Performance Designer
Farview
Expert

Post by Farview »

You will have to cut the cymbal track into parts and place them on individual tracks. (one for the ride, another for the crash, etc...) then you will have to set the resolution pretty high to keep it from double triggering. It is kind of time consuming, but it works pretty well.
georgelegeriii

Post by georgelegeriii »

Farview wrote:You will have to cut the cymbal track into parts and place them on individual tracks. (one for the ride, another for the crash, etc...) then you will have to set the resolution pretty high to keep it from double triggering. It is kind of time consuming, but it works pretty well.
Well I just reprogrammed them, playing them in myself. Takes a whhile, but in the end works fine. Thanks for the feedback.

George