Blend Knob FL Flam Question

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Joe Costa

Blend Knob FL Flam Question

Post by Joe Costa »

Hey everyone.

We just started using drumagog on our Protools HD2 system (PT 7.1).
What a great plugin!

I enable delay compensation (long).
When I put drumagog FL on a track and keep blend at 100, the sample is perfectly in time. As I mix the original sound in using the blend knob, the orig sound and sample flam. Snare drum in this case.

I get around it by duplicating the track I'm replacing and have drumagog inserted on the duplicated track at 100% sample and bring up the original sound to blend on the other track. No flamming this way. Then I print the sample to another track once decisions are made. No nudging required except for a few stray triggers.

Was wondering why the 2 sounds flam using the blend knob.

Thanks,

Joe
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Joe,

If you have an HD system, it's important to use the "Fixed Latency" version of Drumagog, not the regular one. This is because the fixed latency version keeps the latency fixed at 80ms, even when switching between triggering modes (Simple, Advanced). The regular version, however makes the latency change when you switch modes. Pro Tools doesn't see this change, so it doesn't compensate properly.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Joe Costa

Post by Joe Costa »

Rim wrote:Joe,

If you have an HD system, it's important to use the "Fixed Latency" version of Drumagog, not the regular one. This is because the fixed latency version keeps the latency fixed at 80ms, even when switching between triggering modes (Simple, Advanced). The regular version, however makes the latency change when you switch modes. Pro Tools doesn't see this change, so it doesn't compensate properly.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Hi Rim,

Yes, I'm using the fixed latency version.

Only get flams when using the blend knob less than 100%

Joe
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Joe,

OK - something else to try is to play with the auto align settings (on the advanced page). Also, make sure that auto align is actually turned on (on the main page).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Joe Costa

Post by Joe Costa »

Hi Rim,

Just an update.

Just went back to using drumagog. Did the 4.09 update and the blend knob now works perfectly. No flams.

Using it with PT 7.3.1 HD

Thanks,

Joe