haven't purchased yet- a couple of concerns

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jared_ectremors

haven't purchased yet- a couple of concerns

Post by jared_ectremors »

I just want to ask a couple of questions before I purchase drumagog. What I would like to do is replace toms, snare and bass drum but keep the overheads and hi-hat mics from the live kit.

I tried out the demo version and had no problems replacing sounds, but I noticed if any of the live tracks remained, they were out of sync slightly due to latency. Is there an easy way to correct this for the setup I'd be using?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

The latency is not usually a problem if you use auto align mode (and in conjunction with advanced triggering, its even better). However, not all audio programs have Auto Delay Compensation (for example Pro Tools LE doesn't), so the latency that Drumagog generates must be compensated for manually by nudging the drum track yourself.

Also, there's a function in Drumagog called auto-ducking which automatically "ducks" out the old drum sound from the overhead tracks at the same exact time it was hit in the real tracks. You can read more about this in the user manual.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
jared_ectremors

Post by jared_ectremors »

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Cubase SE, not sure if that compensates for it or not. Even if I have to nudge the tracks, it doesnt seem like it would be too difficult.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Cubase (and all Steinberg products) compensate automatically, so you won't need to nudge your tracks.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.