latency, mixing etc

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

BonzerBoy

latency, mixing etc

Post by BonzerBoy »

I have gog 5 plat, Pro tools 9, win 7. It seems I get latency , I have tried adjusting different settings inplay back engine in protools. I tried the live function on the gog. seemed to help. I guess my question is lets say I record drums for a song. Should I go ahead and insert gog on one track at a time say kick get the sound I like and hopfully no latency and then bounce it down/print that track? Then do the same for snare etc? If i keep my regular cymbals and I going to have latency? Is using the live option in gog good for mixing? Hope this is not to vague. I am new to gog and pretty much a newbie at pro tools
Jack
Expert

Re: latency, mixing etc

Post by Jack »

Hello,

It sounds like you need to turn on your Plugin Delay Compensation in Pro Tools. In version 9, they added this function. Drumagog is most accurate tracking in Advanced Triggering Mode (Live mode is for use in live situations, and it not as accurate for mixing).

In the Playback Engine, you can turn the delay compensation on and select Long Mode.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
BonzerBoy

Post by BonzerBoy »

I did not know that thanks for the tip, I will try that..
BonzerBoy

Post by BonzerBoy »

Just wanted to say it worked and I was able to open up the kontact player 4 with oceans way drums, Blended a nice kick with a gog sound and oceans way. Was able to put other plug ins on the track. Druma gog is going to help me a lot. Really like what I am able to do thanks for your help