Missing room samples

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

jacentys

Missing room samples

Post by jacentys »

I bought Drumagog 5 basic, downloaded all the samples from the downloads page and none of them have active room sliders.

Have I misinterpreted the version comparison chart, thinking that 'room samples' actually means samples with room sounds are provided, while in fact it was supposed to mean that the basic version is capable of playing room samples?
Jack
Expert

Re: Missing room samples

Post by Jack »

Hello,

Thanks for your recent purchase of Drumagog 5. All versions of Drumagog 5, including Basic, are capable of playing GOG samples that include room sounds. However, not every sample in the included Drumagog 5 sample library contain room sounds. Thus far, only the Smart Studios and Demo Collection of samples included have room sounds for each GOG file. We are constantly adding new samples to the library that will have room sounds, and more (such as the newly released Rock Drums 5) are available from third-party vendors for purchase in our online Store. You can also create your own GOG files with room sounds directly within Drumagog using your own samples.

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
jacentys

Post by jacentys »

Thanks for the reply.

I have to say I was expecting a little more after reading this in the 'features' page: 'Drumagog 5 comes with updated Gog samples to take advantage of this powerful new feature (room samples)'.
The 'Smart Studios' collection has no kicks or snares and the 'Demo Collection' is just one kick and one snare.

Are you guys planning on updating the included library?
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

You're right, the Smart Studios collection is one kit (the Demo Collection contains the Kick and snare portion of the kit). Our Features page is correct in saying that all Drumagog 5 versions are able to play room sounds and the included sample library does contain sample library with room sounds. We are not primarily a sample company. This is a brand new feature in Drumagog 5, and it takes our sample creators some time to catch up to the new feature. We've always relied on them to make our new sample content (the included sample library is made up largely of samples from third-parties).
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com