Drumagog midi DP 4.6 confusion please help!

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Drumagog midi DP 4.6 confusion please help!

Post by Guest »

Please help!

I have a Yamaha DTXpress II & want to put each drum from the set on it's own track, like snare on one, kick on another ect. via midi.

I got drumagog pro and a midiman/uno midi cable. I'm able to record midi from my dtxpress II into DP but I can't get drumagog to play it's preset samples from the midi. It seems that drumagog can only be inserted into an audio track so my midi output track says drumagog/audio 1 (which is where I inserted drumagog) /insert E-10 (chose that out of E-1 through E-16 figuring maybe it has to do with midi channel 10, I don't know)
I can't get the audio 1 track to relay any any sound especialy since there is no sound to record! Don't even know if this needs to be done.

In drumagog I have the midi channel set on 10. Midi in only has "internal port" to select. Midi out has "internal port", DP input" and "apple software synth" to choose from. I guess I need to select midi in's "internal port"?
I've tried all options yet nothing. Midi note is C4 but don't see why that would matter right now.

In DP when I set the output to "apple software synth 10" the midi plays a pretty accurate representation of what I played except the kick and snare are a stick sound.

Also what happened to my "live" mode under the advanced tab? It was there, now it's gone.

Any ideas? I'm lost.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

There shouldn't be any problem sending midi to Drumagog in DP. Here's what you need to do:

1. First make sure you have the latest Drumagog version - there were some midi issues in earlier versions.
2. Insert Drumagog on an audio track.
3. In Drumagog's advanced page check the "midi in enable" checkbox and set the port to "internal port". Leave the midi channel and note to the default settings for now.
4. On your midi track in DP, there are two options at the very bottom of the track. The top one is for midi in, and the bottom one is for midi out. Set the bottom one for "Drumagog - Audio 1 - Insert A-1" or whatever it shows on your session. It will be different depending on where you have Drumagog inserted, etc. The basic idea is you want to tell DP to send midi from that midi track to Drumagog's midi input on channel 1. The last digit is always the midi channel number, so choose "1".
5. Make sure the record button on the midi track is NOT on, and no tracks are muted.
6. Drumagog is now set to receive midi. The midi will need to be on note C3 in this example. You can draw some C3 notes on your midi track to verify that drumagog is working, or you can set Drumagog to appropriate note for your midi.
7. Watch Drumagog's movie on the main screen for midi input. You'll see it move when midi is coming in.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Another thing - make sure you have some audio on the track Drumagog is inserted on. Even though Drumagog won't use the audio, there has to be something there on the Drumagog track. Otherwise, DP won't enable that track.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.