Hi-Hats and a snare drum problem

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

neilwilkes
Expert

Hi-Hats and a snare drum problem

Post by neilwilkes »

Help!

I am trying to replace the hi-hat track, as there is so much spill from the Snare it is not funny.
This is causing D5 to trigger a hat hit every time it "hears" the snare as well.
How do I get around this, please?
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Hi-Hats and a snare drum problem

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

You can use the Bleed Reduction feature.

The Bleed Reduction controls are found in the upper left-hand corner of the Settings section. To use Bleed Reduction, insert an instance of Drumagog 5 onto the track causing the bleed (the snare track, in your case) and another instance to the track where you wish to remove the bleed (hi hat track). On the track causing the bleed click the “Send” button, and then adjust the Sensitivity control so it identifies the triggers. On the track where you wish remove the bleed click the “Receive” button. When you play back the project any bleed from the snare track will be completely removed from the hi hat track, eliminating those unwanted triggers!
Bleed Reduction communicates similarly to the way that the Auto Ducking feature does. Both features use Drumagog’s ability for different instances to be able to communicate with each other. Bleed Reduction can send from multiple Drumagog instances, but only one track can be set to receive.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
neilwilkes
Expert

Re: Hi-Hats and a snare drum problem

Post by neilwilkes »

Thanks, Chris.

I will give that a go & report back.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.