authorization lockup drumagog 5

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

heygermandude

authorization lockup drumagog 5

Post by heygermandude »

hello,
i have drumagog 4 and i checked "my account" on drumagog.com and i saw an upgrade to go from 4 to 5. when i downloaded it i got to the screen after the install where it asks me to authorize when i open up protools 8. i unchecked the ilok box since i do not have one to save the license request to my hard drive. when i click on save license request i get a pop up for saving my license file but it will not let me click on any of the buttons on the box. i cant change where i want the install or even hit cancel.. i have to force quit PTLE 8 every time. can anyone help? another problem i have is that my drumagog 4 will not show up in protools under "other" as i had seen on your help section. i tried fresh install on drumagog 5 and the same thing is still happening.. so i uninstalled both 4 and 5 and tried to reinstall 5 and still getting the same result. i hope someone can help.. i love drumagog!

-tony grissom

mac mini 10.6.7 Snow Leopard
Pro Tools LE8
Digi 002r
mattjordan16

Re: authorization lockup drumagog 5

Post by mattjordan16 »

I'm having the exact same issue with a fresh install of Drumagog 5 basic. Emailed support, info, and called BOTH support lines w/ no answer. I paid for Drumagog and I don't have it. Did you ever get this resolved? PLEASE HELP.
jay-wavemachine

Re: authorization lockup drumagog 5

Post by jay-wavemachine »

Hello,

In regards to Drumagog 4, installing Version 5 should neither remove nor interfere with it. That being said, since you mentioned that you already uninstalled Version 4, you simply download it from your account page on the Drumagog website and proceed with normal installation.

Here is some general information for anyone that is encountering a Pro Tools specific issue with License Files.

1) The most common cause of this issue is running Pro Tools from a non-administrator account. If this is the case, try logging back in as an administrator.

2) This seems to be a Pro Tools only issue. Try authorizing Drumagog in any other audio application (Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garage Band, etc...),
and if this is successful, it will be authorized for use everywhere (including Pro Tools).

3) If the first two steps aren't successful, usually the keyboard still works on the "Frozen" dialog box. In other words, try hitting the <Enter> key on the keyboard
to save the License Request File. Once you have the actual License File back from our website, just double-click on it to authorize Drumagog.

If you have further questions or continue to have trouble, please contact support@drumagog.com.

Best Regards,
Jay Zdyrski
Wave Machine Labs