SONAR Users please read.........

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

emwhy

SONAR Users please read.........

Post by emwhy »

From my own personal experience:

When you install version 5.1 as an update to 5.03 make sure the first thing you do after starting SONAR is rescan your vst folders. When the scanner gets to Drumagog follow the on-screen instructions and you should be OK. I tried to insert Drumagog on a track without doing this and it crashed the program. Your results may vary, just telling you what worked for me.
Jack
Expert

Re: SONAR Users please read.........

Post by Jack »

Hey,

Just wanted to ask what you saw. There shouldn't be any need to rescan or reauthorize Drumagog 5 if it had previously been authorized on your system.

What specific instructions did you see and have to follow?

Cheers,
Jack
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
emwhy

Post by emwhy »

Jack here's what happened. Installed the update, then loaded SONAR X1b 64 bit. When I tried to insert Drumagog on a track it froze the program and caused it to not respond. I had to shutdown SONAR and reboot the machine (always have to do that..SONAR issue with USB devices). When Windows came back up I ran SONAR 32 and did a vst scan. That's when it prompted me to reauthorize Drumagog. I chose the challenge response method where Drumagog exported a license file and the I uploaded through my account, downloaded a new file and loaded that into drumagog. Everyhting was fine in both 64 abd 32 bit land after that.

A few specs, Windows 7 64 Ultimate SP1 SONAR X1b, jBridge wrapper for 64 bit version. For the record I am the administrator on the machine, I do not use UAC or any AV software as the PC is mainly audio.

One other thing, my massage therapist says Mercury is retrograde through the 20th and that is when most technical glitches occur :D Just thought I'd throw that in in case anyone is into astrology.

Edited to add that jBridge has come out with a new rev of their wrapper that has been a tad bit flaky for me. Not sure if this was the cause or not.
Jack
Expert

Post by Jack »

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's the issue with Sonar 64-bit and Pace, where the authorization window does not show up. Glad it's working now though!
Jack Goodall
WaveMachine Labs
http://www.drumagog.com
emwhy

Post by emwhy »

Wouldn't surprise me either SONAR and Pace don't always like each other, and it probably would have been in my best interest to run the 32 bit version first. Thanks for the concern and I'm extremely glad that you don't put limitations on your software for re authorization...unlike some other companies! :D