Drumagog 5 not tracking hits as well as drumagog 4(solved!)

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

timumstead

Drumagog 5 not tracking hits as well as drumagog 4(solved!)

Post by timumstead »

Bought Drumagog 5 and pretty much love it. Problem is, it is missing some kick hits on a song no matter what the resolution and sensitivity is set to. I downloaded a demo version of Drumagog 4 and to my surprise, it had no problem tracking and correctly getting all the kick hits on the song in question.

The only difference in settings is that I can get 4 to have resolution down to 23 ms. 5 lets me get either 30.4 ms or resolution set to auto, neither of which gets the kicks right on this song. As of right now, for actual usefulness, the demo version of 4 is beating my version 5. This is a bummer. Any one else see this kind of thing? Solutions?

Thanks,
Tim
Last edited by timumstead on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
timumstead

Re: Drumagog 5 not tracking hits as well as drumagog 4

Post by timumstead »

And moving the Transient Detail slider all the way to the right didn't cut it either. (Yeah I checked the FAQ) 4 is just picking up hits much better than 5, which as I said, is a bummer since I own 5 and 4 is a demo!!

Tim
timumstead

Post by timumstead »

I am beginning to suspect it is the fact that I bought 5 Basic. The demo of 5, which is full featured, gets all the kick hits on this song. suppose it is time to upgrade. Seems like the transient detail slider isn't doing anything in the basic version.

Tim
pipelineaudio
Expert

Re: Drumagog 5 not tracking hits as well as drumagog 4 (solv

Post by pipelineaudio »

Seems like i need live mode to really catch everything, especially flams. Not really complaining though, Im not sure what I lose by using live mode...sounds good to me
timumstead

Post by timumstead »

edited, posted too hastily before trying live triggering
Tim
Last edited by timumstead on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timumstead

Re: Drumagog 5 not tracking hits as well as drumagog 4(solve

Post by timumstead »

Live triggering did it!
tkmount123

Re: Drumagog 5 not tracking hits as well as drumagog 4(solve

Post by tkmount123 »

Tim, this is exactly the problem I am having with kik hits, but I can't find the "live" mode that you stated which fixed the problem. I have purchased Basic 5.03 and it certainly isn't what I expected after working with the "demo" version, which had the "live" mode. :(

TK