BFD Issues

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Wood6123

BFD Issues

Post by Wood6123 »

I recently purchased Drumagog Platinum, and have been running it in Logic 9.1 on a 2 X 2.8GHz Mac Pro. Drumagog itself works just fine, but when I then load up BFD on an instrument channel in Logic, load a BFD kit and then select one of the kit pieces in the Drumagog (fixed latency version) samples window, I get latency, and the BFD instrument track plays out of time with the rest of the song. I've tried different I/O Buffer settings in Logic, and a number of different settings in the BFD engine page, to no avail. Am I missing something simple here? Are there workarounds to get BFD to trigger in time?
Wood6123

Re: BFD Issues

Post by Wood6123 »

I forgot to mention - the BFD instrument track appears to typically play ahead of the rest of the drums, versus behind, so I've been able to nudge the audio track that Drumagod/BFD is replacing just a bit to get it to play in time with the rest of the drums. Is this a common solution, or am I missing something basic in the setup?
Matt W
Expert

Re: BFD Issues

Post by Matt W »

Whenever Drumagog and BFD don't line up, it's usually because Drumagog was added after BFD was already in the project. Since BFD only checks for Drumagog when BFD is first instantiated, Drumagog needs to already be running in the project.

The quickest fix when the timing is off like that is to delete your instance of BFD (saving the kit first if you've customized it), and then just re-instantiating BFD back into the project. This forces BFD to re-detect Drumagog (or Drumagogs, if using more than one) and re-syncs them together.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com