GUI Drops Out In Cubase 5

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

mister gibson

GUI Drops Out In Cubase 5

Post by mister gibson »

Hi,

I'm replacing 5 drums in a C5 project and the Drumagog 4.11 GUI falls apart (only displays some elements) after the 2nd instance. What can I do about this and is there a way to display a generic UI instead?

Thanks
-Jerome
mister gibson

Post by mister gibson »

OK. So I've found a similar post but for Protools:
rimbertr wrote:I can see Drumagog ...But when I do, I only see the "header" of the plugin but I do not see the Drumagog GUI - no Main, Samples or Advanced tab. So basically, I can bring up the plugin's edit window but there's nothing I can do.
The suggestion was to run http://www.drumagog.com/vcredist_x86.exe. Is there a similar utility for Cubase 5?

Thanks
-Jerome
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

The run-time redistributable mentioned isn't actually a Pro Tools specific fix, but just a Microsoft update which updated certain Visual Basic files need between Pro Tools and Drumagog (updates which are now included in Drumagog 4.11), and I've never seen that same issue with Cubase.

The problem you are experiencing sounds more like what happens when there isn't enough free system resources to instantiate Drumagog. This most commonly happens in very large projects, or when loading many more than two Drumagogs at once.

Can you give any additional information on your system, specifically what kind of computer, OS, system specs, etc that you have?
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
mister gibson

Post by mister gibson »

Matt W wrote:Can you give any additional information on your system, specifically what kind of computer, OS, system specs, etc that you have?
Please direct your attention to the signature below:
-Jerome
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

And what kind of project are you experiencing this in, i.e. how many tracks, plugins, etc?

Also, I notice you have 4 GB with your x86 version of XP. Do you have the /3GB switch enabled? There have been reports that enabling this switch will have a detrimental affect on Drumagog.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
mister gibson

Post by mister gibson »

Matt W wrote: And what kind of project are you experiencing this in, i.e. how many tracks, plugins, etc?
I have just laid the drums this project. There are 8 tracks and Drumagog is the only effect to be added.
Matt W wrote: Do you have the /3GB switch enabled?
Yes as this anomaly occurs whether it is on or off.

Thanks
-Jerome
mister gibson

Post by mister gibson »

**EDIT**
mister gibson wrote:I have just laid the drums into this project. There are 8 total tracks and one instance of Drumagog is the only effect to be added.

Thanks
Perhaps that will yield some results...
-Jerome
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

We're continuing to check this out, we haven't seen this issue with Cubase 5 in our internal testing, but we're trying to recreate to see why it may be happening for you. I'll post an update when we have some more insight.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
mister gibson

Post by mister gibson »

Thanks
mister gibson

Re:

Post by mister gibson »

Matt W wrote:I'll post an update when we have some more insight.
I've changed video cards and still see the problem, just not as often. Has your insight been increased?
-Jerome