EZDrummer

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

tascamrd

EZDrummer

Post by tascamrd »

Hey All,

I was browsing through posts regarding EZ Drummer and Drumagog.
I have downloaded a trial version and I like Drumagog very much. My only problem is, I own EZDrummer with the drum kit from hell addition.

From what I understand, there is a way to use drumagog and choose sounds from my ezdrummer program.

I don't fully understand the posts that have been posted on this issue.

Can anyone elaborate on the use of ez drummer with drumagog? Laymens terms please?

The one post I read was regarding using the files of ez drummer to creat gog files.

Thanks,
Ron
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Hello,

What you are referring to is using Drumagog's MIDI output to trigger EZ Drummer (like you were playing EZ Drummer from an E-Drum). In order to do this you would need either the Pro or Platinum versions of Drumagog (the Basic version does not support MIDI).

The specifics of how to set this up can vary quite a bit depending on your audio host application, but basically you enable Drumagog's MIDI output, assign a MIDI note and channel, and route that MIDI information to another MIDI/instrument track in your audio host. You then assign EZ Drummer to the MIDI/instrument track. Not all audio hosts support plugins that send MIDI, though, so you may need to use a 3rd-party utility MIDI Pipe (Mac) or MIDI Yoke (Windows) to re-route your MIDI signal around.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
jreno

Re: EZDrummer

Post by jreno »

im lost when it come to midi!!! you wouldnt happen to know how to trigger superior drummer with drumagog in logic 8? i dont know how to route the midi information. do i need midi pipe?
Matt W
Expert

Re: EZDrummer

Post by Matt W »

Unfortunately the fact that each audio host treats plugins and MIDI differently makes it all very confusing to setup. With Logic, since it does not support plugins that send MIDI, you need to use MIDI Pipe to make it work.

The basic outline is:
Install MIDI Pipe and configure at least one input and one output
Add Drumagog to the track to be replaced, and add Superior Drummer (or any other VSTi you want) to an instrument track.
Enable Drumagog's MIDI output and choose the MIDI Pipe port
On the Instrument track choose the corresponding MIDI Pipe port.
Match up the correct MIDI note and channel for the sound you want. For example if it's the kick, check what MIDI note Superior Drummer uses for kick and assign that in Drumagog's MIDI settings. -PLEASE NOTE- Different applications use different nomenclature for MIDI notes, so C2 in one program could be C4 in another. You may need to try various octaves if you aren't sure.

At this point you should have everything routed. If you would like additional help there is a page on our site (http://www.drumagog.com/owd.htm) on our site that discusses in detail how to use Drumagog's MIDI output, however it was written for use with Ocean Way Drums and Pro Tools. The section regarding MIDI Pipe, and all the settings in Drumagog, though, are exactly the same, so check it out.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com