Question regarding dB vs. % when automating Sensitivity

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

CrushedPickle

Question regarding dB vs. % when automating Sensitivity

Post by CrushedPickle »

Good afternoon:

I have been helping edit drum tracks for an album project and was curious about a couple of issues that I've noticed in Drumagog.

When automating the Sensitivity parameter, the value on the plugin control knob reads in dB, but the automation parameters in the Edit window in PT LE reads out in %? Is there a way that this can be standardized to read out in dB so as to match the value on the control knob? It seems that upon first click after automating it initially reads in dB, but any automation points added in after the fact default to %. I'm not sure if this happens with the other parameters, as thus far we have only had to automate the Sensitivity, but if so, can a feature request be logged so that all automation parameters default to the value shown on the main plugin screen(s)?

Also, after recently upgrading from v4.10 to v4.11 many of the sessions we had been working on contain the correct parameters, but the drum sample has been changed (in our case, anyway) from the SSD v2.0 samples that we have been using back to the default Drumagog kick sample. For us this means that we have to go back into each session and ensure that we are triggering the proper sample before bouncing the track down.

I look forward to hearing from the WaveMachine team.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Sorry to take a few days getting back to you, but I have been checking into this particular issue. Drumagog should be sending the pertinent information regarding its "control's units", so that when you automate the threshold setting it should display in dB, the resolution should display in milliseconds, etc. So, this is a bug with the latest version, and we should be addressing it with the next update.

Regarding Drumagog losing the chosen sample, that happens when Drumagog cannot find the sample, and it reverts back to the stock Rock Bass Drum samples. As the GOG file location is saved as part of the Pro Tools session, the exact same GOG file needs to in the same relative location inside the "Gog Files" folder. If you need to use "browse" to find the sample, then it won't come up automatically. Make sure all your add-on GOG files are inside folders, inside the Gog Files folder, and that they come up automatically in Drumagog's pull-down menu. Once they do, re-save the session, and it should open normally the next time.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
CrushedPickle

Post by CrushedPickle »

Matt W wrote:So, this is a bug with the latest version, and we should be addressing it with the next update.
I believe it was present in v4.10 as well, so has it only cropped up since that version, or is it a newly introduced bug?
Matt W wrote:Regarding Drumagog losing the chosen sample, that happens when Drumagog cannot find the sample, and it reverts back to the stock Rock Bass Drum samples. As the GOG file location is saved as part of the Pro Tools session, the exact same GOG file needs to in the same relative location inside the "Gog Files" folder. If you need to use "browse" to find the sample, then it won't come up automatically. Make sure all your add-on GOG files are inside folders, inside the Gog Files folder, and that they come up automatically in Drumagog's pull-down menu. Once they do, re-save the session, and it should open normally the next time.
I don't think that my file structure would have changed, unless that is a part of the uninstall procedure I was unaware of. The default file location at install was left as is, and all my sample folders are in the GOG file folder. I thought it was strange they all reverted back to Rock Bass Drum as well...

I will verify my folder structure and make sure that everything is in the right spot. Thanks for the quick reply, and keep me posted on the sens. automation issue.

Regards,
CP