Drumagog graphic interface does not show up in ProTools 6.4

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

rimbertr

Drumagog graphic interface does not show up in ProTools 6.4

Post by rimbertr »

I downloaded and installed the Platinum Demo twice and ran into the same problem. I can see Drumagog and Drumagog(mono/stereo) in my list of RTAS plugins and I can select either. But when I do, I only see the "header" of the plugin (the top part that shows up in all ProTool RTAS plugins) but I do not see the Drumagog GUI - no Main, Samples or Advanced tab. So basically, I can bring up the plugin's edit window but there's nothing I can do.

The VST plugin works in SoundForge 8.0 though but I really want the RTAS plugin since realtime processing and monitoring is most efficient.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, PT 6.4 LE with the Digi001 interface.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

I'm sorry the demo isn't showing up properly. Whenever a plugin's UI widow doesn't open, one of the first things to check is a corrupted plugin cache. Digidesign has some a Tech Support utility for troubleshooting problems with plugins, and its available through the Digidesign website.

On a side note, keep in mind that support for Drumagog Platinum and BFD requires Pro Tools 7.0 or higher.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Teri
Site Admin

Post by Teri »

You may also want to install the following file before trying Digi's Tech Support Utility. After installing, you should reboot your computer and determine if Drumagog appears correctly in ProTools.

http://www.drumagog.com/vcredist_x86.exe
Teri Grossheim
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
rimbertr

Post by rimbertr »

The VST plugin version was enough to convince me to buy the Basic version. The Basic retail version works fine in PT 6.4 (even without activating it).

Maybe a Basic demo is needed for us PT 6.x users?

P.S.
I never tried http://www.drumagog.com/vcredist_x86.exe since I uninstalled the Platinum demo and installed the Basic retail version.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

The Basic, Pro and Platinum versions all share the same code, so there really wouldn't be a difference between them, where one works where another doesn't. It sounds more like something went wrong during the demo installation that was corrected when you reinstalled using Basic. In either case, I'm glad Basic is working, and please let us know if you have any further issues or questions.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Dumptruck

Post by Dumptruck »

Hi All,

I am having the same problem trying to drum the demo of PT 6.9. I am using a PC.

I downloaded and installed the demo, everything apparently went fine, and I do see drumagog in my inserts list. When I select it all I see is a generic window instead of the real plug in? I ran the vcredist_x86 program and rebooted and still no luck. I am strongly considering buying this program if I can just get my hands on it to see if I like it. Please advise on a solution
glunk

PT 6.4 compatability

Post by glunk »

Hey I just realized tonight while I was installing Drumagog Platnium version that I am using Pro Tools 6.4 and 7.0 or higher is needed...
Is there any older versions of Drumagog that supports OS 10.3.4 and Pro Tools 6.4?? If so I desperatly need to switch.
Let me know...
ryanhahn_@hotmail.com
glunk

Matt W Teri Rim Help!

Post by glunk »

Matt W
Teri
Rim
I need your help!!