Problem in PTLE 6.9

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

AlexW

Problem in PTLE 6.9

Post by AlexW »

I've been running Drumagog a few times lately on a single track (typically kick drum). If I insert it on the track and start playback, it will replace the hits initially, but at a certain point (after 30 - 45s or so) it will stop and effectively become inactive. The only way to remedy the situation is to remove and reinsert drumagog at the point at which is stopped working and continue. Depending on the song length there can be 3 or 4 stops and restarts required. Any idea what could be causing this? My sessions aren't particularly plug-in heavy--I'm mixing outside PTLE through a board so there's not a lot of tax on the CPU.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Reading through a couple of the other threads in this forum, sounds like it could be Drumagog has reverted to demo mode for some reason--I did have to switch my system drive between 2 internal disc drives on my machine so this may have triggered it. Is there a way to confirm? And if so, how should I go about getting it corrected. Thanks in advance.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

If you see a message at the bottom of Drumagog's plugin window that says "Click to unlock", then Drumagog is indeed locked. Since Drumagog's authorization is tied to system hardware like the system drive, changing this can re-lock Drumagog.

The sure-fire way to fix this is to manually take off Drumagog and re-run the installer, which will force Drumagog's authorization to reset. After this you should be able to successfully unlock Drumagog. Please note you will probably need a new unlock code, so after reinstalling Drumagog check the unlock window for the current 12-digit CPU-ID. Take the CPU-ID to our unlock form (http://www.drumagog.com/support.asp) and submit the request. You should receive your new unlock code within a few minutes.

In order to remove your existing installation, you will need to delete the main Drumagog folder. As this is the default location of your Gog Files and Favorites list, you may wish to back these up first. The Drumagog folder is located at C:\Program Files\Drumagog40 in Windows, and HD Root\Applications\Drumagog in Mac OS X.

Move the "Gog Files" folder and the "Favorites.dat" file from the Drumagog folder to another location on your system. Then delete/drag the entire Drumagog folder to the trash. Be sure to empty the trash for this to work.

Next run the latest compatible version of the Drumagog installer. If you need to, it can always be downloaded from our website (http://www.drumagog.com/download.htm). Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page, "Retail Downloads and Updates", to find the correct link.

After downloading, move the "Gog Files" folder and "Favorites.dat" back into the newly re-created Drumagog folder, overwriting the new versions already there.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Good deal, thanks Matt.