Render/process in ProTools

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Assi

Render/process in ProTools

Post by Assi »

Ive been using Drumagog for ages ... well, many years anyway, but now im new to Pro Tools and i was wondering how to render the Drumagog (or any other effect/plugin) in ProTools.
It cant be that you can only use effects in real time ... or can it? I mean PT is a bit ... how do i say it ... old fashioned in many parts of it.

Usually i render Drumagog tracks so that i just copy the original track and then add it as an effect ... but this is in Adobe Audition. So how do i do it in PRoTools?

Thanks in advance.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Pro Tools does not include any specific render/apply effect/freeze track command. The only way to do this is to perform a bounce to a new track manually.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Assi

Post by Assi »

Thanks Matt ... i was actually afraid of that cause i couldnt find anything from the manual or internet and also because Sound Replacer seems to have a way to do things ... but well, its kind of limited at least if you compare it to Drumagog. :wink:

So ... if i need to bounce a track for that, i think i just consilidate a raw track and do it in Audition cause i will do it quicker and more accurate that way.

Oh my, ...ProTools ... so big thing and doesnt have a simple audio editor. ... oh and even a cheap program Reaper has a "render" option. :?