PDC not working in cubase 4x

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

animix

PDC not working in cubase 4x

Post by animix »

I have the most recent DL's and have tried and tried....following the instructions per Drumagog as far as instantiating the plugin first and then opening BFD2. I'm getting a significant amount of latency that requires actually nudging the track forward in time to compensate. A bit of a PITA. I know this isn't an issue with Cubase, per se, since my UAD and Duende plugins are being handled nicely. I'll be cross posting this to the FXPansion and Steinberg forums as well, but if anyone here might have a clue as to what I may be doing wrong, please set me straight. :oops:

Thanks and happy holidays,
:)
ADK Q9450 OC'ed to 3.2GHz; Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3; PNY Quadro; 4G RAM
SSL Duende PCIe
UAD-2 Quad
Magma x 13 PCI > PCI w/ 4 x UAD-1 cards
Magma x 13 PCIe > PCI w/ RME Multiface, RME MADI, and RME AES 32
Cubase 4.5x
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

In order for Drumagog, BFD and Cubase to all sync up, there are a couple of things to check:

First, make sure you're using the "Fixed Latency" version of Drumagog, as this is the version of Drumagog that supports Plugin Delay Compensation.

Second, be sure to add the plugins in the correct order. Any instances of Drumagog which you need in the project must already be present when you add BFD (as BFD only checks for Drumagog when it's first added). If you have BFD in your project and then need to remove or add an instance of Drumagog, save your BFD settings as a preset and then remove BFD first, then add/remove Drumagog, and lastly re-add BFD to the project, re-loading your preset. This is, unfortunately, the only way to get the two plugins to communicate and report the correct amount of latency so Cubase can properly adjust for it.

Lastly, make sure you do not have "constrain" delay compensation on in Cubase, as Drumagog will normally be over the constrain limit, which will disable the compensation for the Drumagog track.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
animix

Post by animix »

Matt W wrote:In order for Drumagog, BFD and Cubase to all sync up, there are a couple of things to check:

First, make sure you're using the "Fixed Latency" version of Drumagog, as this is the version of Drumagog that supports Plugin Delay Compensation.

Second, be sure to add the plugins in the correct order. Any instances of Drumagog which you need in the project must already be present when you add BFD (as BFD only checks for Drumagog when it's first added). If you have BFD in your project and then need to remove or add an instance of Drumagog, save your BFD settings as a preset and then remove BFD first, then add/remove Drumagog, and lastly re-add BFD to the project, re-loading your preset. This is, unfortunately, the only way to get the two plugins to communicate and report the correct amount of latency so Cubase can properly adjust for it.

Lastly, make sure you do not have "constrain" delay compensation on in Cubase, as Drumagog will normally be over the constrain limit, which will disable the compensation for the Drumagog track.
Uninstalled Drumagog Platinum, DL'ed the most recent version (which I thought I had already installed by virtue of the update), installed the full version, authorized it and now all is working as it should.

Thanks,
8)
ADK Q9450 OC'ed to 3.2GHz; Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3; PNY Quadro; 4G RAM
SSL Duende PCIe
UAD-2 Quad
Magma x 13 PCI > PCI w/ 4 x UAD-1 cards
Magma x 13 PCIe > PCI w/ RME Multiface, RME MADI, and RME AES 32
Cubase 4.5x