Can't assign samples to specific kit piece

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

alien5

Can't assign samples to specific kit piece

Post by alien5 »

I'm testing out the Drumagog demo to see if I like it and I can't figure out how to assign a sound to a specific drum. I'm applying this to drums I programmed in Ableton Live. When I click my drum midi clip and I pull up Drumagog, it makes every drum (snare, cymbals etc...) sound like whatever sample is chosen. So instead of just changing my kick it changes everything. I tried soloing just the kick drum like in the video tutorial, but then I don't know how to get to work in the mix. When I unsolo the kick drum to hear the other drums they are still all kick drums sounds. Maybe this is a common problem, but I can't figure out how to assign the sample to just specific drum.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Drumagog works as an insert effect on an individual drum part, so you would need to split the outputs of your drums so that each drum is on it's own track (i.e. a kick track, snare track, etc). If you have all the drums routed through one stereo track and insert Drumagog, the plugin won't know the difference between the kick, snare, toms, and will simply trigger when the incoming audio reaches it's sensitivity threshold.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com