Problem with Drumagog and new user profile

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

4string

Problem with Drumagog and new user profile

Post by 4string »

I have been using Drumagog Pro with my Admin user profile. Trying to get a bit more responsible when it comes to security, I set up a non admin user account.
When I try to instatiate Drumagog in Pro Tools under the non-admin account, I get an error message asking me to install Drumagog. It still works fine under the Admin user profile.

I am not sure of the correct method to fix this as i would like Drumagog available under both user profiles.

Pro Tools 7.4.2, CS1; MAC OS X 10.5.4

Thank you for your help.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

In Mac OS X, applications store their preferences information on a per-user basis. Drumagog is complaining that it cannot find a necessary file, which is most likely one contained in your Admin-User's library, when your new user account needs its own copy. There are two ways to do this.

First, the simplest. Re-run the Drumagog installer while logged in on your new user account. This will create the necessary user files in your new account, without deleting the existing ones for your old user.

Or, you could manually copy (don't move the file, make sure to leave a copy) your Drumagog preferences file from inside your admin library (HD Root\Users\User_name\Library\Preferences) to the same location for your standard user (same location as above, just substitute the new user account name for the first). Note that to be able to access both sets of user folders at once you will need to be logged in as an administrator.

Note that in either case if your Gog Files are stored in any folder that "belongs" to the admin-user, you will need to add permission for your new account to read/write to that folder. In other words, if you stored your Gog Files under "HD Root\Users\User_Name\Documents", you will need to either move the Gog Files folder to another location, outside the Users folder, or add permission for a non-admin user to access the folder. If you installed your Gog Files into the Drumagog application folder, then you shouldn't have a problem.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com