Lower resolution?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Scramble
Expert

Lower resolution?

Post by Scramble »

Is there any reason why the lowest resolution is set to 23ms? This causes me no end of problems with flams and other quick double hits. Yes, I have developed various methods to solve this, but they add an awful lot of time and hassle. Things would be enormously so much easier if I could just set the resolution lower when required.

Could this be added to a later version? (You could have "Extra low resolution" as an extra option if you don't want the ordinary user setting it this low as a default).
Scramble
Expert

Post by Scramble »

The other thing about this that drives me nuts is the inconsistency -- you play the same section back ten times without changing a single thing and five times Drumagog will play the flam and five times it won't.
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

Double check that you have the Advanced triggering mode selected, and not Simple mode. The lowest possible setting in Simple mode is 23 ms, while in Advanced mode the "Auto" setting has the smallest window. The main reason not to use the Auto setting is when you want to eliminate flams, ghost notes, etc, and select a longer time resolution (100 ms or higher).
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Scramble
Expert

Post by Scramble »

Yes, I'm using Advanced mode. Auto doesn't help. (And on the Visual page the resolution line with Auto looks to be set at the same place as when you set resolution to 23ms -- but then then I'm not exactly clear about how Auto works, as the manual doesn't provide any useful info).
Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W »

The "Auto" setting is the smallest time window available in Drumagog. The actual resolution is affected by the Details slider under the Advanced tab. The farther to the right the more sensitive Drumagog is to ghost notes, flams, etc, but the higher the possibility of encountering false triggers. You can find more information on the Details slider on page 98 of the manual.

In terms of an actual number, in Auto mode, with the Details slider set to higher detail, it will be at or just under approximately 10ms. Much lower than that and you'll find Drumagog triggering multiple times on a single hit.

There is an older thread discussing snare flams that has some good tips on how to deal with problematic flams: http://www.drumagog.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=534
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
www.drumagog.com
Scramble
Expert

Post by Scramble »

Thanks Matt, that's useful advice about the "Details", I'll try it.

(I had seen that other thread, and I have my own ways of getting flams to trigger, but those sort of fixes are less than ideal).